Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
Has anyone experienced the Porsche Atlanta facility? Looking into this around June. Aside from the track experience anything else I should do there?
There’s a hotel right across the street from it and I forgot the name. I’ve never gone but for member @RoggieRog just went. He drove both a Gt3 and turbo S. I talked about it a little bit with him. One thing he wished for was that he had a little more time to not be instructed and just unleash the car and have fun. Overall, though he said it was a great experience. Other people have written it up and said it’s been awesome as well.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There’s a hotel right across the street from it and I forgot the name. I’ve never gone but for member @RoggieRog just went. He drove both a Gt3 and turbo S. I talked about it a little bit with him. One thing he wished for was that he had a little more time to not be instructed and just unleash the car and have fun. Overall, though he said it was a great experience. Other people have written it up and said it’s been awesome as well.
Thank you sir, hotel is reasonable 199 a night but when I called doesn’t seem like much more to do so might grab a hotel downtown and bop around.

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
Thank you sir, hotel is reasonable 199 a night but when I called doesn’t seem like much more to do so might grab a hotel downtown and bop around.
I thought about that because I had considered going, but so many people praise that one hotel, even said, the food was good, and convenient. Tough call. I’ve never been to any of the places I’ve never even been to Atlanta. It might be good to make a trip out of it. Lots of choices. Let me know how you end up.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought about that because I had considered going, but so many people praise that one hotel, even said, the food was good, and convenient. Tough call. I’ve never been to any of the places I’ve never even been to Atlanta. It might be good to make a trip out of it. Lots of choices. Let me know how you end up.
I will, also looking into The Palms Hotel in Miami so might do both…stop by for a cocktail!

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
I will, also looking into The Palms Hotel in Miami so might do both…stop by for a cocktail!
I would love to meet up if you’re in Miami. Here is the thread that I started a few years ago and you’ll see the replies about Porsche Atlanta. I also asked about the Los Angeles facility

· Registered
99 Posts
You could also look in Midtown Atlanta for hotels which is a little further north of downtown. Downtown sorta dies at night, but more touristy stuff to do in the downtown area (around Centennial Olympic Park).

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You could also look in Midtown Atlanta for hotels which is a little further north of downtown. Downtown sorta dies at night, but more touristy stuff to do in the downtown area (around Centennial Olympic Park).
OK that’s great! Still planning that trip but not sure when so I’ll keep you guys posted.

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
@BobbyG This was just posted . Its a great write up of his time there and car delivery.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@BobbyG This was just posted . Its a great write up of his time there and car delivery.
That looks like a cool place thank you!

· Registered
47 Posts
There are several good PEC Atlanta videos on You Tube I would suggest you check out. Also, based on my (FAIL) PEC experience, book as early as possible. My car locked in July for mid-August-early Sept PEC delivery. Car arrived Jacksonville in late August and they were offering me November PEC pick-up dates=pass. My impression was you needed to be very lucky or know someone to get a convenient spot.

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
There are several good PEC Atlanta videos on You Tube I would suggest you check out. Also, based on my (FAIL) PEC experience, book as early as possible. My car locked in July for mid-August-early Sept PEC delivery. Car arrived Jacksonville in late August and they were offering me November PEC pick-up dates=pass. My impression was you needed to be very lucky or know someone to get a convenient spot.
Hes not talking about a delivery. He was thinking of stopping in to drive cars and see the place .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts