Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies to the administrator if I'm off topic (992) but I wanted to share this 15 year old Porsche commercial with those of you who haven't seen it yet. I just love it (even if the image is blurry)!

They should do a follow up.

How old were you when Porsche became your dream car?

·
Registered
744 Posts
My apologies to the administrator if I'm off topic (992) but I wanted to share this 15 year old Porsche commercial with those of you who haven't seen it yet. I just love it (even if the image is blurry)!

They should do a follow up.

How old were you when Porsche became your dream car?
I remember the commercial in it time and is a forum favorite over the years. Porsche at that time made a lot of little miniature movies that were commercials as well. That was one of my favorites.

I was that kid. I had the posters the literature and could not wait until I could eventually buy one. My father was a luxury car guy. The numerous dinner table conversations lead to mutual respect of each other’s passion in very different cars. He never did get to see me buy at first 911.

I sometimes think of the child in the commercial. He looks about 12 years old which would make him in his late 20s now . I ask myself was he just an actor or did he follow through with what started does commercial into his own personal life as a young adult.

Porsche did focus a lot on one’s childhood in their commercials. Thanks for posting it

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was that kid as well! It’s taken me 35 years since I first fell in love with Porsche and promised myself I would one day own one. Last week my dream came true and I was terrified to make the plunge!
I was that kid as well! It’s taken me 35 years since I first fell in love with Porsche and promised myself I would one day own one. Last week my dream came true and I was terrified to make the plunge!
Welcome @Bigswag911! LIke @yrralis1 said, let us know if you have your allocation or actually took possession of your dream car. If the case and wish so, share your build/pics.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I started out with muscle cars in my youth...Cuda's Challengers and Mopar mostly. I didn't get bit by the bug until my late 30's. I always knew the 911 was there but acquired a taste and passion later in life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.