Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to share here my recent experience at the Porsche Experience Center Leipzig.

It started off with a tour of the production facilities where they produce the Macan and Panamera. This was super interesting to see all the cars being built to the individual specifications for the different markets. They produce around 600 cars a day, wherein very few are the same. Pictures weren鈥檛 allowed.

The history of Porsche in Leipzig is very interesting. They opened the factory 20 years ago this year, originally building the Cayenne there (before that production was moved to Bratislava). Now they build the four door cars, while the 2 door and Taycan (as the future flagship) are built in Stuttgart. They have also already built out the facilities to build the electric Macan once that finally happens.

Then it was on to the hour long track experience where I booked a Turbo S. The power in this car was incredible, and I really got to use it. However, even on the track I felt it still had more in it. Eventually after practice, managed to get to 200km/h oj the straight and super tight and fast around the corners.

So I do wonder the value of this car as a road car, especially in places without the Autobahn 馃槄

This was my second experience, after doing the Hockenheimring last year. And for what it鈥檚 worth, the Hockenheim ring was an infinitely better track. But still a great day!

Attachments

Registered
Wanted to share here my recent experience at the Porsche Experience Center Leipzig.

It started off with a tour of the production facilities where they produce the Macan and Panamera. This was super interesting to see all the cars being built to the individual specifications for the different markets. They produce around 600 cars a day, wherein very few are the same. Pictures weren鈥檛 allowed.

The history of Porsche in Leipzig is very interesting. They opened the factory 20 years ago this year, originally building the Cayenne there (before that production was moved to Bratislava). Now they build the four door cars, while the 2 door and Taycan (as the future flagship) are built in Stuttgart. They have also already built out the facilities to build the electric Macan once that finally happens.

Then it was on to the hour long track experience where I booked a Turbo S. The power in this car was incredible, and I really got to use it. However, even on the track I felt it still had more in it. Eventually after practice, managed to get to 200km/h oj the straight and super tight and fast around the corners.

So I do wonder the value of this car as a road car, especially in places without the Autobahn 馃槄

This was my second experience, after doing the Hockenheimring last year. And for what it鈥檚 worth, the Hockenheim ring was an infinitely better track. But still a great day!
Looks amazing! I had planned on the European delivery with my 911 but Covid cancelled all visits there. Hopefully next time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts