Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing my regular looks in the configurator and saw they added ruby star neo as a colour for the 911.

I’ve selected GT silver for my upcoming T as it’s more classic, but geeze this colour is a beauty and has my eye.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I was doing my regular looks in the configurator and saw they added ruby star neo as a colour for the 911.

I’ve selected GT silver for my upcoming T as it’s more classic, but geeze this colour is a beauty and has my eye.
I agree and that color was expected along with all the « other » new silver and greys (Ice, Arctic) 🙄 I’m just surprised to see you going from GT Silver to such a flashy color? I’ve always said, well it’s actually Nick Murray’s line, that the 992 is a cool car and should have a cool color. I was bold enough to get gentian blue and love it.

it's a very nice, flashy, popping color to look at...but I would not want to drive it everyday, It does have some pink tone...but I see a lot of ruby tone too.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I agree and that color was expected along with all the « other » new silver and greys (Ice, Arctic) 🙄 I’m just surprised to see you going from GT Silver to such a flashy color? I’ve always said, well it’s actually Nick Murray’s line, that the 992 is a cool car and should have a cool color. I was bold enough to get gentian blue and love it.

it's a very nice, flashy, popping color to look at...but I would not want to drive it everyday, It does have some pink tone...but I see a lot of ruby tone too.

I agree that it’s a “unique” color but maybe best suited for the bride. I couldn’t drive that daily !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks for sharing the video! Quite shocked the electric steering adjustment is being removed in most models. Not that I ever adjust my steering wheel as no one else drives my car, but feels in a car this cost.

On the colour I would have chosen something bolder but didn’t like any of the other options. Let’s see. I’m sure I’ll still end up with silver anyway.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Thanks for sharing the video! Quite shocked the electric steering adjustment is being removed in most models. Not that I ever adjust my steering wheel as no one else drives my car, but feels in a car this cost.

On the colour I would have chosen something bolder but didn’t like any of the other options. Let’s see. I’m sure I’ll still end up with silver anyway.
You can't not like Gentian Blue. ;) Those are my most recent fall pics. Lots of GT Silver pics on this Forum. I'm all alone. I need company. LOL!

Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

Wheel Tire Plant Car Vehicle

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I absolutely detest ruby star. I think it is a hideous color and almost reminded me of the impulse red that failed with the macan . Most of the time if a color is not for me I can still see something in it for someone. This color however breaks the mold.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I absolutely detest ruby star. I think it is a hideous color and almost reminded me of the impulse red that failed with the macan . Most of the time if a color is not for me I can still see something in it for someone. This color however breaks the mold.
I think you said "no sugar coating". You're not kidding! 😅 Oh well...

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I think you said "no sugar coating". You're not kidding! 😅 Oh well...
LOL I even have questions on the color I chose for my Macan. Outside of Jef black metallic I don’t really like any of them. So I had to pick something that I didn’t already have that I think I could live with. Some of the colors look great on other cars . I also think metallic black doesn’t look good on certain cars. I think it looks great on an SUV. I would never put it on a Boxster. A black convertible to me is like a frying pan. Open your top and you become a sunny side up egg.

I think the Carrera T is such a classy base car variant. It tries with all it might to become affordable and mimics the GT3 Touring in an effort to be driver focused. GT silver is such an iconic color. Ruby star in contrast it’s like cheap lipstick.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
LOL I even have questions on the color I chose for my Macan. Outside of Jef black metallic I don’t really like any of them. So I had to pick something that I didn’t already have that I think I could live with. Some of the colors look great on other cars . I also think metallic black doesn’t look good on certain cars. I think it looks great on an SUV. I would never put it on a Boxster. A black convertible to me is like a frying pan. Open your top and you become a sunny side up egg.

I think the Carrera T is such a classy bass car variant. It tries with all it might to become affordable and mimics the GT3 Touring in an effort to be driver focused. GT silver is such an iconic color. Ruby star in contrast it’s like cheap lipstick.
You’re funny! 🥵 A bit « scary » 😱…but extremely entertaining.

I personally try to be respectful of other people’s taste and opinions even if I don’t agree with them. That’s me. Sometimes too much « seasoning » can burn the palate.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

I personally try to be respectful of other people’s taste and opinions even if I don’t agree with them. That’s me. Sometimes too much « seasoning » can burn the palate.
It’s obvious the popes I don’t give a [email protected]@T meter is off the charts. I am slowly catching up to him as I mature!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

One thing is for sure. When I press GT silver it was genuine rather than simply being respectful. There are other colors that I may not buy ever yet I can understand them. A typical example would be agate gray . I like the color but there’s always some other color that I would prefer over it. So if somebody bought a car in that color I would understand it. This pinkish red color is something I simply don’t get .

Ferrari goes a step further . If somebody messes with their car or with wrap or repaint they send a “Cease and desist” letter to that owner. They are basically telling that person that he has made a mockery of their car and they won’t ever sell them one again.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
One thing is for sure. When I press GT silver it was genuine rather than simply being respectful. There are other colors that I may not buy ever yet I can understand them. A typical example would be agate gray . I like the color but there’s always some other color that I would prefer over it. So if somebody bought a car in that color I would understand it. This pinkish red color is something I simply don’t get .

Ferrari goes a step further . If somebody messes with their car or with wrap or repaint they send a “Cease and desist” letter to that owner. They are basically telling that person that he has made a mockery of their car and they won’t ever sell them one again.
Ferrari is a strange world…I mean if Jay Leno says he will NEVER own a Ferrari and play their games come on now. GT Silver and Ferrari Red are classic colors. Don’t mess with the classics but the damn 911 looks awesome in so many colors…that’s the problem but a good one to have.

·
Registered
Still waiting….
54 Posts
You can't not like Gentian Blue. ;) Those are my most recent fall pics. Lots of GT Silver pics on this Forum. I'm all alone. I need company. LOL!

I View attachment 1282

View attachment 1283
I’m STILL trying to join you in the Gentian club. Every time I go to bed I think “I’m one day closer to getting my allocation”.

Beautiful pics. Ruby Star would go nicely with those autumn colours. 😄

1 - 20 of 44 Posts