Porsche 992 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Checked again, 36 Days to dealer. I guess they like you southern guys better than us northern guys.
My vessel has left the port. I went to a tracking site. This vessel is heading to Baltimore first, arrival 9/20. It doesn't say where it's going after that. I'm in Florida, I'm sure the second stop will be Jacksonville.

·
Registered
27 Posts
OK. My vessel now also identified as Sunshine Ace. Still not loaded - ETA 9/23. Holding at 43 days to my dealer in Dallas. All of us are fortunate that are vehicles are built. With the nat gas supply issues, future prod may be problematic. Everyone, Keep the Faith!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
OK. My vessel now also identified as Sunshine Ace. Still not loaded - ETA 9/23. Holding at 43 days to my dealer in Dallas. All of us are fortunate that are vehicles are built. With the nat gas supply issues, future prod may be problematic. Everyone, Keep the Faith!
Mine is also on the Sunshine Ace. It has left port. Go to this web site and search for the vessel Sunshine Ace. It's currently on its way to Baltimore. SUNSHINE ACE Current position (Vehicles Carrier, IMO 9338852) - VesselFinder. What port will yours be unloaded? Mine will get off in Jacksonville, estimate 9/30. My dealer is 140 miles from Jacksonville. Short trip by truck. Tracking says mine will be at the dealer in 22 days.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine is also on the Sunshine Ace. It has left port. Go to this web site and search for the vessel Sunshine Ace. It's currently on its way to Baltimore. SUNSHINE ACE Current position (Vehicles Carrier, IMO 9338852) - VesselFinder. What port will yours be unloaded? Mine will get off in Jacksonville, estimate 9/30. My dealer is 140 miles from Jacksonville. Short trip by truck. Tracking says mine will be at the dealer in 22 days.
Thank You. Super website. Destination Port is Houston. Estimated port arrival 10/14. Truck to Dallas (4 hrs) with an ETA of 10/21.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
Thank You. Super website. Destination Port is Houston. Estimated port arrival 10/14. Truck to Dallas (4 hrs) with an ETA of 10/21.
Your baby is on its way. It looks like the vessel going over the top of the UK. I'm going Hmmm. Then I remembered there are two Hurricanes in the Atlantic. So it's taking the northern route.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I can feel the excitement mounting and share your anticipation! 😊 To all 3 of you, @MarkWN, @DoubleD992 and @Bagman, I wish your 992s a quick and safe journey across the Atlantic ocean "highways"! Hang in there and if need be, @BobbyG can sing the "Final Countdown" for you! ;)
Microphone Membranophone Drum Musical instrument Guitar accessory

Band plays Musical instrument Membranophone Drum Guitar

Had to dig deep for these Prince Charles, yes that is a mullet circa 1990’s!

·
Registered
799 Posts
View attachment 1058
View attachment 1057
Had to dig deep for these Prince Charles, yes that is a mullet circa 1990’s!
Wow! Seems like you were always a cool dude Bobby. ;) Thanks for sharing these pics. Must bring back some great memories. But the pics don't say if you were singing the "Final countdown" from the swedish rock band or "I Still haven't found What I'm Looking For" from U2. Love those days!!

With the 992, I'm happy to say I found what I'm looking for. :p We should never give up on our dreams!

Put 250 km on the 992 this WE all with the top down. Sunny and hot for September here in MTL. :cool: Now can you sing "I'm in love with my car" (Queen)

Lyrics

The machine of a dream
Such a clean machine
With the pistons a pumpin'
Аnd the hubcaps all gleam

When I'm holding your wheel
Аll I hear is your gear
With my hand on your grease gun
Oooh, it's like a disease, son

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Wow! Seems like you were always a cool dude Bobby. ;) Thanks for sharing these pics. Must bring back some great memories. But the pics don't say if you were singing the "Final countdown" from the swedish rock band or "I Still haven't found What I'm Looking For" from U2. Love those days!!

With the 992, I'm happy to say I found what I'm looking for. :p We should never give up on our dreams!

Put 250 km on the 992 this WE all with the top down. Sunny and hot for September here in MTL. :cool: Now can you sing "I'm in love with my car" (Queen)

Lyrics

The machine of a dream
Such a clean machine
With the pistons a pumpin'
Аnd the hubcaps all gleam

When I'm holding your wheel
Аll I hear is your gear
With my hand on your grease gun
Oooh, it's like a disease, son

That’s awesome we had a rainy weekend here so good for you. I think my kids in college are finally realizing their dad was cool at one time! I still occasionally hear there friends say, you mean your dad was a lead singer and a rock band?

·
Registered
799 Posts
That’s awesome we had a rainy weekend here so good for you. I think my kids in college are finally realizing their dad was cool at one time! I still occasionally hear there friends say, you mean your dad was a lead singer and a rock band?
Sometimes it’s a big shock for kids to learn that their parents had a life before them. A life that was actually cool. It’s a complete shock to them. Especially after all the dad jokes they’ve heard. 😜 But once they find photo proof, there’s little they can do to deny it! Show them those pics!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Sometimes it’s a big shock for kids to learn that their parents had a life before them. A life that was actually cool. It’s a complete shock to them. Especially after all the dad jokes they’ve heard. 😜 But once they find photo proof, there’s little they can do to deny it! Show them those pics!
I know right! I also showed them pictures of myself and their mother riding motorcycles, she had her own. They were like… What!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Just one word BobbyG........ WOW!
Double D, HA! We had some local success in Philadelphia and the Jersey shore nothing major. It was great fun, played with a lot of great musicians over the years and I was on the radio a few times. Now I just play weddings, parties and for friends and family. You could say I hung up my leather pants years ago!

41 - 60 of 78 Posts