Porsche 992 Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
In the DFW market, my recent survey of Nine (9) PPF installers (XPEL Ultimate Fusion / SunTek Reaction / STEK DynoShield) revealed the following for a full 992 install; (a) Two Installers Suntek Reaction $4.5K to $5.9K and; (b) Seven installers with both PPF film plus ceramic coat ranged from $6K to $9.3K. The majority recommended a ceramic coat even if installing a hydrophobic ppf. Like everything, supply and demand is in play. However, if you can develop an initial relationship with the installer, some do loosen up a bit on price (PCA membership). However, one installer stated, I would feel bad if I gave you a lower price while I charged everyone else full price. We did had a great discussion.

Trust in the Installer is the most important variable. I was looking for Lambo's and Ferrari's in shop. Also, who would be the installer. I would rank the PPF's in this order; (1) STEK DynoSheild; (2) SunTek Reaction and; (3) XPEL Ultimate Fusion. STEK and SunTek are close. I installed XPEL on my first Porsche and nobody could tell I had PPF. I selected the one installer that is $6K for a STEK DynoSheild ppf with a Car Pro 9H ceramic coat (includes ext wheel rims). Installer recommended from PCA members and my Porsche Sales Consult. Does Lambo's and Ferrari's and a Lambo was in the shop during visit. I am hoping part of my Porsche swag is window tinting, like last time; otherwise it is another $1K for ceramic tinting.

Now on to Dashcam's. Since I will trickle charge this Porsche, I do not need an external dashcam battery. I will stay with BlackVue and most likely get the LTE dashcam which should allow me to place the location of the car on a map, just in case.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
In the DFW market, my recent survey of Nine (9) PPF installers (XPEL Ultimate Fusion / SunTek Reaction / STEK DynoShield) revealed the following for a full 992 install; (a) Two Installers Suntek Reaction $4.5K to $5.9K and; (b) Seven installers with both PPF film plus ceramic coat ranged from $6K to $9.3K. The majority recommended a ceramic coat even if installing a hydrophobic ppf. Like everything, supply and demand is in play. However, if you can develop an initial relationship with the installer, some do loosen up a bit on price (PCA membership). However, one installer stated, I would feel bad if I gave you a lower price while I charged everyone else full price. We did had a great discussion.

Trust in the Installer is the most important variable. I was looking for Lambo's and Ferrari's in shop. Also, who would be the installer. I would rank the PPF's in this order; (1) STEK DynoSheild; (2) SunTek Reaction and; (3) XPEL Ultimate Fusion. STEK and SunTek are close. I installed XPEL on my first Porsche and nobody could tell I had PPF. I selected the one installer that is $6K for a STEK DynoSheild ppf with a Car Pro 9H ceramic coat (includes ext wheel rims). Installer recommended from PCA members and my Porsche Sales Consult. Does Lambo's and Ferrari's and a Lambo was in the shop during visit. I am hoping part of my Porsche swag is window tinting, like last time; otherwise it is another $1K for ceramic tinting.

Now on to Dashcam's. Since I will trickle charge this Porsche, I do not need an external dashcam battery. I will stay with BlackVue and most likely get the LTE dashcam which should allow me to place the location of the car on a map, just in case.
That’s a lot of research! I just ask if they take cash and cut to the chase.

·
Registered
18 Posts

$2450 for Suntek Reaction “track package” (full front end, rocker panels, mirrors, window frame and fender flares in front of rear wheels), $1500 for full ceramic (cab)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
SUNSHINE ACE just outside of Baltimore. Happy Tuesday indeed! My port is Houston.

View attachment 1102
Sunshine Ace docked in Jacksonville. My car will get off there. If the next stop is Houston. I wonder if they will stay in Jacksonville until this strong Ian passes. A little risky going into the Gulf after late Monday.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sunshine Ace docked in Jacksonville. My car will get off there. If the next stop is Houston. I wonder if they will stay in Jacksonville until this strong Ian passes. A little risky going into the Gulf after late Monday.
I wonder if mine will hitch a ride on the Sunshine Ace in December, also scheduled to arrive in Jacksonville on December 30th.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts