Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
View attachment 772

Jalopnik put together a list where they rank all the colors available on the 2022 911.

Here's the list. What do you think of the order?
  1. Python Green
  2. Racing Yellow
  3. Guards Red
  4. Shark Blue
  5. Carmine Red
  6. Gentian Blue
  7. Crayon
  8. Ruby Star Nero
  9. Aventurine Green
  10. Ice Grey
  11. Carrara White
  12. Arctic Grey
  13. Agate Grey
  14. GT Silver
  15. Jet Black
  16. White
  17. Black
It's interesting but it's the author's personal taste. That said, if she likes Gentian Blue, she must be right! LOL! 馃槢

Registered
I knew this post would get Larry all worked up. LOL! :LOL: But it's only one person's opinion. Not a poll or even stats about the most popular sales. Just Elisabeth Blackstock's personal opinion. I will try to find the article I read about the most popular requested colors for the 992. Definetely NOT Green or Yellow! ;)

Registered
On Rennlist (Voters: 637)

View Poll Results: Best Paint Color option for 2020 992
Carrara White
2.67%
GT Silver
14.13%
Dolomite Silver
4.87%
Jet Black
4.55%
Gentian Blue
12.72%
Night Blue
5.02%
Agate Grey
2.98%
Aventurine Green
17.90%
Racing Yellow (Non Metallic)
2.20%
Guards Red (Non Metallic)
4.08%
Carmine Red
6.28%
Chalk / Crayon
8.63%
Lava Orange
1.10%
Miami Blue
3.77%
Lizard Green
3.77%
Black (Non Metallic)
2.83%
White (Non Metallic)
2.51%

Registered
How about pink? I see a car (Taycan) similar to the one in this pic at my dealer every once in a while and learned it was a tribute to the 芦 Pink Pig 禄, a Porsche LeMans legend! 馃 Pink anyone? With the cuts of a pig outlined!

I found this vid about the 芦 Pink pig 禄

Attachments

Registered
It鈥檚 terrible! Hope that @DoctorFreeze is lucky and his dealer honest and transparent. It鈥檚 better not to overpromise. I know something about it. It鈥檚 torture. Better know where you stand from the beginning.

Anyways, if the Doc reads this I just wanted him prepared and not disappointed if the wait is longer than promised. His 992 is likely to be his 52nd Bday present. 馃槒 Just like mine. Well, only 10 years difference! LOL!

The 芦 problem 禄 with waiting is that you keep adding stuff in the configurator. For us it鈥檚 going to be fun. Especially, if it鈥檚 the Docs money! I鈥檒l talk to his wife. LOL! 馃お

Registered
How about Irish green?! The vid doesn鈥檛 say if it comes with a case of Guinness! 馃槈 But it鈥檚 a GT3 Touring, so not for me. Maybe Larry could go see it in West Palm Beach.

Registered
I placed my order in early June. My SA gave me hope (false?) that I quickly moved to the "next one on the list" for my C2 Cab after their allocations at the end of that month. I won't hold my breath. The last time I spoke to him, he said likely Spring 2023 before I receive delivery. Hope he is underpromising and will over-deliver. Btw, I'm up to about $10k in additions now. The waiting game is all by design.. I'm convinced. Lol.
The "problem" is that allocations are given for each model and right now (covid, supply chain, war, sinking ships, etc.) the dealers have absolutely NO idea what is coming to them. Mine overpromised and learned from his mistake. Now, he doesn't even give a timeframe to customers. A 12 months waiting between placing your order and delivery would actually be good news.

In the meantime, you keep adding options on the configurator... 馃槈

Registered
I was told it鈥檚 a two year wait now for any 911.
That鈥檚 what I was told also but now my dealer is underpromising. It also depends on what model you鈥檙e waiting for. They could get very little GTS or Turbo allocations and a bunch of base models....or exactly the opposite.

Bottom line, I don't want to discourage the Doc and really hope his SA is transparent. Mine wasn't.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts