Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
It’s completely ridiculous. Colors are a personal taste choice. If they were to rank colors by number of cars sold that might be just an exact figure. It’s my opinion that black and white are the most popular colors. I believe white is the number one color choice of all cars. Python Green may be someone’s favorite color but by no means should that be the official criteria for ranking a color.

Of all the colors black, white, and guards red are timeless flat colors. GT Silver is the only metallic color that is not replaced .
Exactly Pontiff, tastes change and the colors are trendy but I would consider red or blue down the road but digging my GT Silver for now.

·
Registered
858 Posts
People who live in places like California and Arizona have a lot of dust and dry heat. Black for them is a complete nightmare. Also if you Google California banning black cars you’ll see that they tried to do so 15 years ago. They are revisiting it recently. They are saying it’s environmental issues but the truth is culturally black is a total negative in those regions. In Miami where is a lot of humidity black doesn’t seem to collect that much dust. It’s hot but after a lot of black cars I’m kind of used to it.
I only had 2 black cars but they were a nightmare to keep clean…..never again!

·
Registered
858 Posts
One of my cars is black, and it looks amazing when it's clean, but keeping it clean could be a full-time job. Never again. The bad part is I knew better when I bought it. The only other choice at the time was a dark gray, and to me, it's just a boring color. So, black it was. Ah well....
It is a full time for sure…no more black for me either!

·
Registered
858 Posts
How about pink? I see a car (Taycan) similar to the one in this pic at my dealer every once in a while and learned it was a tribute to the « Pink Pig », a Porsche LeMans legend! 🤔 Pink anyone? With the cuts of a pig outlined!

I found this vid about the « Pink pig »

If they gave me one I would take it!

·
Registered
858 Posts
It’s terrible! Hope that @DoctorFreeze is lucky and his dealer honest and transparent. It’s better not to overpromise. I know something about it. It’s torture. Better know where you stand from the beginning.

Anyways, if the Doc reads this I just wanted him prepared and not disappointed if the wait is longer than promised. His 992 is likely to be his 52nd Bday present. 😏 Just like mine. Well, only 10 years difference! LOL!

The « problem » with waiting is that you keep adding stuff in the configurator. For us it’s going to be fun. Especially, if it’s the Docs money! I’ll talk to his wife. LOL! 🤪
I know, I kept adding stuff all the time on that configurator! I’m very happy with my build.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I started with a 158K build . I ended at 173K . I went as low as 147K . This is an example of a modest but fully equipped GTS The Porsche Code

Its hard top do this with a base car and the cab adds even more to it .

I also built poverty spec Gt3's and even a Turbo S (under 210.. then) . I went through the entire lineup (coupes only ) . I only recently started dabbling in Cabs with this thread and the numbers add up quickly . I happen to agree with both of your Cabs that the S was the great play .
That’s why you were designated the “Pope”

·
Registered
858 Posts
Thanks for the note. I am going to set my expectations low so I don't get disappointed. But, you are right, I've already added about $5k of stuff in the configurator. It's a freakin' conspiracy, all planned by Porsche to extract as much money out of customers as possible. Porsche mgmt must have attended the Disney school of money extraction. 😂🤣
Dr. Freeze, 5k…you’re getting off easy! I wont even mention what I added and cost. This was a special retirement gift to myself so I added a lot. Get what you think you need to be happy with.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I placed my order in early June. My SA gave me hope (false?) that I quickly moved to the "next one on the list" for my C2 Cab after their allocations at the end of that month. I won't hold my breath. The last time I spoke to him, he said likely Spring 2023 before I receive delivery. Hope he is underpromising and will over-deliver. Btw, I'm up to about $10k in additions now. The waiting game is all by design.. I'm convinced. Lol.
Doc, you’re about a third of the way with options so far!

·
Registered
858 Posts
The "problem" is that allocations are given for each model and right now (covid, supply chain, war, sinking ships, etc.) the dealers have absolutely NO idea what is coming to them. Mine overpromised and learned from his mistake. Now, he doesn't even give a timeframe to customers. A 12 months waiting between placing your order and delivery would actually be good news.

In the meantime, you keep adding options on the configurator... 😉
I was told it’s a two year wait now for any 911.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts