Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
How about pink? I see a car (Taycan) similar to the one in this pic at my dealer every once in a while and learned it was a tribute to the « Pink Pig », a Porsche LeMans legend! 🤔 Pink anyone? With the cuts of a pig outlined!

I found this vid about the « Pink pig »

If they gave me one I would take it!

·
Registered
606 Posts
It’s terrible! Hope that @DoctorFreeze is lucky and his dealer honest and transparent. It’s better not to overpromise. I know something about it. It’s torture. Better know where you stand from the beginning.

Anyways, if the Doc reads this I just wanted him prepared and not disappointed if the wait is longer than promised. His 992 is likely to be his 52nd Bday present. 😏 Just like mine. Well, only 10 years difference! LOL!

The « problem » with waiting is that you keep adding stuff in the configurator. For us it’s going to be fun. Especially, if it’s the Docs money! I’ll talk to his wife. LOL! 🤪

·
Registered
858 Posts
It’s terrible! Hope that @DoctorFreeze is lucky and his dealer honest and transparent. It’s better not to overpromise. I know something about it. It’s torture. Better know where you stand from the beginning.

Anyways, if the Doc reads this I just wanted him prepared and not disappointed if the wait is longer than promised. His 992 is likely to be his 52nd Bday present. 😏 Just like mine. Well, only 10 years difference! LOL!

The « problem » with waiting is that you keep adding stuff in the configurator. For us it’s going to be fun. Especially, if it’s the Docs money! I’ll talk to his wife. LOL! 🤪
I know, I kept adding stuff all the time on that configurator! I’m very happy with my build.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I started with a 158K build . I ended at 173K . I went as low as 147K . This is an example of a modest but fully equipped GTS The Porsche Code

Its hard top do this with a base car and the cab adds even more to it .

I also built poverty spec Gt3's and even a Turbo S (under 210.. then) . I went through the entire lineup (coupes only ) . I only recently started dabbling in Cabs with this thread and the numbers add up quickly . I happen to agree with both of your Cabs that the S was the great play .

·
Registered
858 Posts
I started with a 158K build . I ended at 173K . I went as low as 147K . This is an example of a modest but fully equipped GTS The Porsche Code

Its hard top do this with a base car and the cab adds even more to it .

I also built poverty spec Gt3's and even a Turbo S (under 210.. then) . I went through the entire lineup (coupes only ) . I only recently started dabbling in Cabs with this thread and the numbers add up quickly . I happen to agree with both of your Cabs that the S was the great play .
That’s why you were designated the “Pope”

·
Registered
606 Posts
How about Irish green?! The vid doesn’t say if it comes with a case of Guinness! 😉 But it’s a GT3 Touring, so not for me. Maybe Larry could go see it in West Palm Beach.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Thanks for the note. I am going to set my expectations low so I don't get disappointed. But, you are right, I've already added about $5k of stuff in the configurator. It's a freakin' conspiracy, all planned by Porsche to extract as much money out of customers as possible. Porsche mgmt must have attended the Disney school of money extraction. 😂🤣

·
Registered
858 Posts
Thanks for the note. I am going to set my expectations low so I don't get disappointed. But, you are right, I've already added about $5k of stuff in the configurator. It's a freakin' conspiracy, all planned by Porsche to extract as much money out of customers as possible. Porsche mgmt must have attended the Disney school of money extraction. 😂🤣
Dr. Freeze, 5k…you’re getting off easy! I wont even mention what I added and cost. This was a special retirement gift to myself so I added a lot. Get what you think you need to be happy with.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good to hear i have someone else to share in my misery. When did you place your order Doc? Mine was in Nov'21 for a Carerra S and not even an update. My SA is in hiding. Already up to about $10K in additions for me and counting. At least it's in $CAD.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts