Porsche 992 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good to hear i have someone else to share in my misery. When did you place your order Doc? Mine was in Nov'21 for a Carerra S and not even an update. My SA is in hiding. Already up to about $10K in additions for me and counting. At least it's in $CAD.
I placed my order in early June. My SA gave me hope (false?) that I quickly moved to the "next one on the list" for my C2 Cab after their allocations at the end of that month. I won't hold my breath. The last time I spoke to him, he said likely Spring 2023 before I receive delivery. Hope he is underpromising and will over-deliver. Btw, I'm up to about $10k in additions now. The waiting game is all by design.. I'm convinced. Lol.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I placed my order in early June. My SA gave me hope (false?) that I quickly moved to the "next one on the list" for my C2 Cab after their allocations at the end of that month. I won't hold my breath. The last time I spoke to him, he said likely Spring 2023 before I receive delivery. Hope he is underpromising and will over-deliver. Btw, I'm up to about $10k in additions now. The waiting game is all by design.. I'm convinced. Lol.
Doc, you’re about a third of the way with options so far!

·
Registered
799 Posts
The "problem" is that allocations are given for each model and right now (covid, supply chain, war, sinking ships, etc.) the dealers have absolutely NO idea what is coming to them. Mine overpromised and learned from his mistake. Now, he doesn't even give a timeframe to customers. A 12 months waiting between placing your order and delivery would actually be good news.

In the meantime, you keep adding options on the configurator... 😉

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
The "problem" is that allocations are given for each model and right now (covid, supply chain, war, sinking ships, etc.) the dealers have absolutely NO idea what is coming to them. Mine overpromised and learned from his mistake. Now, he doesn't even give a timeframe to customers. A 12 months waiting between placing your order and delivery would actually be good news.

In the meantime, you keep adding options on the configurator... 😉
I was told it’s a two year wait now for any 911.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I was told it’s a two year wait now for any 911.
That’s what I was told also but now my dealer is underpromising. It also depends on what model you’re waiting for. They could get very little GTS or Turbo allocations and a bunch of base models....or exactly the opposite.

Bottom line, I don't want to discourage the Doc and really hope his SA is transparent. Mine wasn't.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That’s what I was told also but now my dealer is underpromising. It also depends on what model you’re waiting for. They could get very little GTS or Turbo allocations and a bunch of base models....or exactly the opposite.

Bottom line, I don't want to discourage the Doc and really hope his SA is transparent. Mine wasn't.
I’m definitely expecting the worse and hoping for the best.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Wheel Tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Sooo....it's been almost 10 months since I put down my deposit. My SA never calls me to check on my sanity. I call every 2-3 months or so just so he remembers my name. I keep going back to the
configurator, add more options and spend more virtual money. I'm still hanging in for the moment but losing faith. So it's no 992 but in the meantime and to fill the void for now I've picked up this beauty. @CH61 thanks for giving me the inspiration to try a rag top. Actually kind of loving it for the time being so makes the wait a little more tolerable. Porsche North America, if you're listening throw those of us suffering a bone!

·
Registered
744 Posts
View attachment 1011 View attachment 1012 View attachment 1013
Sooo....it's been almost 10 months since I put down my deposit. My SA never calls me to check on my sanity. I call every 2-3 months or so just so he remembers my name. I keep going back to the
configurator, add more options and spend more virtual money. I'm still hanging in for the moment but losing faith. So it's no 992 but in the meantime and to fill the void for now I've picked up this beauty. @CH61 thanks for giving me the inspiration to try a rag top. Actually kind of loving it for the time being so makes the wait a little more tolerable. Porsche North America, if you're listening throw those of us suffering a bone!
They are really having trouble building 911 and Taycan. Both the Macan and Cayenne seem to be the buik.

Is that Sakir Orange a 1M ? Thats a very cool car .

·
Registered
799 Posts
View attachment 1011 View attachment 1012 View attachment 1013
Good move @Als992! She’s beautiful and with the exact color combo you like. You will enjoy that convertible and maybe change your mind and get a 992 cab! LOL!

Reading your post, I was reminded EXACTLY how I felt during my own experience. And I did consider lots of other cars (new and used). One option was a Z4 like yours but the absence of a manual held me back. My first roadster was a 2008 Z4 (see pic) and then BMW decided to make it a hardtop 🙄 for a while with such a ridiculous trunk that I could barely fit a briefcase. Then the MT disappeared! 😡

Once I got the taste of Porsche with 2 consecutive Boxsters (987 and 981) I never looked back.

Congrats and welcome to the « top down » club! That’s how I drive mine 90% of the time. Did you get it new?
Car Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Good move @Als992! She’s beautiful and with the exact color combo you like. You will enjoy that convertible and maybe change your mind and get a 992 cab! LOL!

Reading your post, I was reminded EXACTLY how I felt during my own experience. And I did consider lots of other cars (new and used). One option was a Z4 like yours but the absence of a manual held me back. My first roadster was a 2008 Z4 (see pic) and then BMW decided to make it a hardtop 🙄 for a while with such a ridiculous trunk that I could barely fit a briefcase. Then the MT disappeared! 😡

Once I got the taste of Porsche with 2 consecutive Boxsters (987 and 981) I never looked back.

Congrats and welcome to the « top down » club! That’s how I drive mine 90% of the time. Did you get it new?

Gosh, I had a Z4 too but it was gun metal gray, black top and of course a manual transmission. We could have a whole new club. ALS, try to hang in there we KNOW what you’re going through. Your SA sounds lousy at least my guy picked up the phone ANYTIME I called and answered my emails.

·
Registered
53 Posts
They are really having trouble building 911 and Taycan. Both the Macan and Cayenne seem to be the buik.

Is that Sakir Orange a 1M ? Thats a very cool car .
Good eye @yrralis1 ! It's actually Valencia Orange and i bought it new in 2011. Very rare car, only produced 1 year in 3 colours, White, Black, Orange and only in a manual! A car the the BMW guys wanted to build in their spare time. She's a screamer and she's a keeper.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts