Porsche 992 Forum banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good move @Als992! She’s beautiful and with the exact color combo you like. You will enjoy that convertible and maybe change your mind and get a 992 cab! LOL!

Reading your post, I was reminded EXACTLY how I felt during my own experience. And I did consider lots of other cars (new and used). One option was a Z4 like yours but the absence of a manual held me back. My first roadster was a 2008 Z4 (see pic) and then BMW decided to make it a hardtop 🙄 for a while with such a ridiculous trunk that I could barely fit a briefcase. Then the MT disappeared! 😡

Once I got the taste of Porsche with 2 consecutive Boxsters (987 and 981) I never looked back.

Congrats and welcome to the « top down » club! That’s how I drive mine 90% of the time. Did you get it new? View attachment 1015
Yup, just the way i like it - that was the final decision maker. It's actually a 2008! Didn't break the budget as i need to save my pennies for all those extra options that this forum makes you spend on options. Funny as we all had/have Z4's. This particular one is a Z4M, the last "real" M Z car. And yes it only cam in a manual @CH61 ! Shame that you'd think i'd buy automatic! You are correct, they went hard top convertible after this model. Imo BMW has gone soft a bit after these real driver's cars to appeal the masses but we're all buying 992's so we know what a real car is! Funny how your Z4 is almost a mini version of your 992! Haha. Btw, my brother has a 981 Boxster and we now tease eachother but soon i will be trumping him with my 992! (hopefully!). And about the top down, i never understood why someone would buy a ragtop and keep the top up on a sunny 80 degree day!!! Top down 98% for me and it's only up when it rains!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Gosh, I had a Z4 too but it was gun metal gray, black top and of course a manual transmission. We could have a whole new club. ALS, try to hang in there we KNOW what you’re going through. Your SA sounds lousy at least my guy picked up the phone ANYTIME I called and answered my emails.
@BobbyG welcome to the Z4 club! MY SA is a nice guy, I actually feel sorry for him and think he's embarrased to call. Everyday he has to tell his clients that he has no idea when these cars will be coming in! Thanks for the inspiration.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Yup, just the way i like it - that was the final decision maker. It's actually a 2008! Didn't break the budget as i need to save my pennies for all those extra options that this forum makes you spend on options. Funny as we all had/have Z4's. This particular one is a Z4M, the last "real" M Z car. And yes it only cam in a manual @CH61 ! Shame that you'd think i'd buy automatic! You are correct, they went hard top convertible after this model. Imo BMW has gone soft a bit after these real driver's cars to appeal the masses but we're all buying 992's so we know what a real car is! Funny how your Z4 is almost a mini version of your 992! Haha. Btw, my brother has a 981 Boxster and we now tease eachother but soon i will be trumping him with my 992! (hopefully!). And about the top down, i never understood why someone would buy a ragtop and keep the top up on a sunny 80 degree day!!! Top down 98% for me and it's only up when it rains!
I did notice the M badge but thought it was one of those "M Sport packages" NOT an actual Z4M! Wow! The only thing similar with my old Z4 is the model year! LOL! The Z4M is the raw version of the Z4, not for everyone Yours looks like new. Maybe I should've kept mine. NOT! Had lots of fun with the Boxsters and found them "easier" to keep on the road like this Top Gear guy on the track before he learned how to drive the Z4M the right way. "The problem was the driver"! Porsche cars make the "average" driver like me look like he knows exactly what he's doing.

I'm posting this vid from 2009 knowing I could be expelled from this Forum! LOL! The Top Gear guy drove home with the Z4M! 😅

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did notice the M badge but thought it was one of those "M Sport packages" NOT an actual Z4M! Wow! The only thing similar with my old Z4 is the model year! LOL! The Z4M is the raw version of the Z4, not for everyone Yours looks like new. Maybe I should've kept mine. NOT! Had lots of fun with the Boxsters and found them "easier" to keep on the road like this Top Gear guy on the track before he learned how to drive the Z4M the right way. "The problem was the driver"! Porsche cars make the "average" driver like me look like he knows exactly what he's doing.

I'm posting this vid from 2009 knowing I could be expelled from this Forum! LOL! The Top Gear guy drove home with the Z4M! 😅

Ah yes Richard Hammond from the original Top Gear. Along with Jeremy Clarkson some of the best reviewers (and entertainers) in the car business. I've seen this video before and it's pretty accurate I'd say. The Z4M is no 992 by any means but i love the older "analog" feel of those cars. I guess i want to buy them all up before they become extinct! Again, it's just a toy until the ultimate prize arrives, but until then I'll get by i suppose. But the wait...ughhhhh......

61 - 64 of 64 Posts