Porsche 992 Forum banner

Ranking the 2022 Porsche 911 Paint Colors

21K views 66 replies 9 participants last post by  BobbyG 
#1 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Jalopnik put together a list where they rank all the colors available on the 2022 911.

Here's the list. What do you think of the order?
  1. Python Green
  2. Racing Yellow
  3. Guards Red
  4. Shark Blue
  5. Carmine Red
  6. Gentian Blue
  7. Crayon
  8. Ruby Star Nero
  9. Aventurine Green
  10. Ice Grey
  11. Carrara White
  12. Arctic Grey
  13. Agate Grey
  14. GT Silver
  15. Jet Black
  16. White
  17. Black

See less See more
#3 ·
It’s completely ridiculous. Colors are a personal taste choice. If they were to rank colors by number of cars sold that might be just an exact figure. It’s my opinion that black and white are the most popular colors. I believe white is the number one color choice of all cars. Python Green may be someone’s favorite color but by no means should that be the official criteria for ranking a color.

Of all the colors black, white, and guards red are timeless flat colors. GT Silver is the only metallic color that is not replaced .

#5 ·
I knew this post would get Larry all worked up. LOL! :LOL: But it's only one person's opinion. Not a poll or even stats about the most popular sales. Just Elisabeth Blackstock's personal opinion. I will try to find the article I read about the most popular requested colors for the 992. Definetely NOT Green or Yellow! ;)

#10 ·
On Rennlist (Voters: 637)

View Poll Results: Best Paint Color option for 2020 992
Carrara White
2.67%
GT Silver
14.13%
Dolomite Silver
4.87%
Jet Black
4.55%
Gentian Blue
12.72%
Night Blue
5.02%
Agate Grey
2.98%
Aventurine Green
17.90%
Racing Yellow (Non Metallic)
2.20%
Guards Red (Non Metallic)
4.08%
Carmine Red
6.28%
Chalk / Crayon
8.63%
Lava Orange
1.10%
Miami Blue
3.77%
Lizard Green
3.77%
Black (Non Metallic)
2.83%
White (Non Metallic)
2.51%

#18 ·
One of my cars is black, and it looks amazing when it's clean, but keeping it clean could be a full-time job. Never again. The bad part is I knew better when I bought it. The only other choice at the time was a dark gray, and to me, it's just a boring color. So, black it was. Ah well....

#27 ·
It’s terrible! Hope that @DoctorFreeze is lucky and his dealer honest and transparent. It’s better not to overpromise. I know something about it. It’s torture. Better know where you stand from the beginning.

Anyways, if the Doc reads this I just wanted him prepared and not disappointed if the wait is longer than promised. His 992 is likely to be his 52nd Bday present. 😏 Just like mine. Well, only 10 years difference! LOL!

The « problem » with waiting is that you keep adding stuff in the configurator. For us it’s going to be fun. Especially, if it’s the Docs money! I’ll talk to his wife. LOL! 🤪

#28 ·
It’s terrible! Hope that @DoctorFreeze is lucky and his dealer honest and transparent. It’s better not to overpromise. I know something about it. It’s torture. Better know where you stand from the beginning.

Anyways, if the Doc reads this I just wanted him prepared and not disappointed if the wait is longer than promised. His 992 is likely to be his 52nd Bday present. 😏 Just like mine. Well, only 10 years difference! LOL!

The « problem » with waiting is that you keep adding stuff in the configurator. For us it’s going to be fun. Especially, if it’s the Docs money! I’ll talk to his wife. LOL! 🤪
I know, I kept adding stuff all the time on that configurator! I’m very happy with my build.

#56 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Wheel Tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Sooo....it's been almost 10 months since I put down my deposit. My SA never calls me to check on my sanity. I call every 2-3 months or so just so he remembers my name. I keep going back to the
configurator, add more options and spend more virtual money. I'm still hanging in for the moment but losing faith. So it's no 992 but in the meantime and to fill the void for now I've picked up this beauty. @CH61 thanks for giving me the inspiration to try a rag top. Actually kind of loving it for the time being so makes the wait a little more tolerable. Porsche North America, if you're listening throw those of us suffering a bone!