Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last two weeks I have had to call them twice .

1 ) My 2007 Turbo made a noise and then coolant level dropped and red lights pops up . I limped home a block from my house . I didnt think it was covered but wanted to find out if they can do anything . Even with a vin they could not find my car (it really exists ) . So I asked if not covered could they at least point me to a reputable tow company . The reply I got was "we use lots of companies" . I asked him if he ever ate at a restaurant and saw mixed vegetables only to ask which? I have and the reply was like his "lots of vegetables" . I told him "give me one reputable vegetable that I can call to get my car to the dealership." The reply to that likely was not on his cue card so he was stumped .

I got a number from someone I trust at the dealership .

2) My 992 GTS got a flat . I know there was a small metal object the size if half a soda can on the highway . It didnt hit the car .. just the tire ran it over . It wasn't until 12 hours later that it went flat . I called roadside . I was prompted by automated systems but asked for an agent . I had an appointment so I was already in my wife's black car in the 95 degree heat and no time to type anything . I wanted to talk to a human !!! Three times they hung up before I was connected to a wait area with elevator music . After 10 minutes I have up .

I called the private company and paid out of pocket . This ordeal took all day but luckily I got a loaner . Normally they have none but since both my cars are there they came through .

I am not surprised but disappointed. The tow truck guy did point out things to me . He knows Porsche and told me that he knows how to get a door open even without a key if I had an emergency . He also had the racks so my PASM would not scrape . He told me many Roadside call companies lack them . I even drove my own car into the flatbed ramp . I was terrified (never did it before ) . Once at the top I got out and felt like I was on a mountain . Its high !! As a young person I would have jumped off but not with my bad knee . He was very nice and helped me down off this thing .

In essence roadside was once great . sadly times have changed . If you have a problem it might be best to find a really solid company to preserve your car and time .

·
Registered
858 Posts
In the last two weeks I have had to call them twice .

1 ) My 2007 Turbo made a noise and then coolant level dropped and red lights pops up . I limped home a block from my house . I didnt think it was covered but wanted to find out if they can do anything . Even with a vin they could not find my car (it really exists ) . So I asked if not covered could they at least point me to a reputable tow company . The reply I got was "we use lots of companies" . I asked him if he ever ate at a restaurant and saw mixed vegetables only to ask which? I have and the reply was like his "lots of vegetables" . I told him "give me one reputable vegetable that I can call to get my car to the dealership." The reply to that likely was not on his cue card so he was stumped .

I got a number from someone I trust at the dealership .

2) My 992 GTS got a flat . I know there was a small metal object the size if half a soda can on the highway . It didnt hit the car .. just the tire ran it over . It wasn't until 12 hours later that it went flat . I called roadside . I was prompted by automated systems but asked for an agent . I had an appointment so I was already in my wife's black car in the 95 degree heat and no time to type anything . I wanted to talk to a human !!! Three times they hung up before I was connected to a wait area with elevator music . After 10 minutes I have up .

I called the private company and paid out of pocket . This ordeal took all day but luckily I got a loaner . Normally they have none but since both my cars are there they came through .

I am not surprised but disappointed. The tow truck guy did point out things to me . He knows Porsche and told me that he knows how to get a door open even without a key if I had an emergency . He also had the racks so my PASM would not scrape . He told me many Roadside call companies lack them . I even drove my own car into the flatbed ramp . I was terrified (never did it before ) . Once at the top I got out and felt like I was on a mountain . Its high !! As a young person I would have jumped off but not with my bad knee . He was very nice and helped me down off this thing .

In essence roadside was once great . sadly times have changed . If you have a problem it might be best to find a really solid company to preserve your car and time .
That’s Horrible! I’m glad I cancelled my coverage when I did. The more I thought about it I was like I’ll take my chances. Ironically, I received the check from Porsche today….took them TWELVE weeks to refund my money! In this day and age 5-10 days max! I emailed corporate to share my dissatisfaction.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s Horrible! I’m glad I cancelled my coverage when I did. The more I thought about it I was like I’ll take my chances. Ironically, I received the check from Porsche today….took them TWELVE weeks to refund my money! In this day and age 5-10 days max! I emailed corporate to share my dissatisfaction.
Roadside is free during warranty. The private tow truck guy explained that roadside uses several companies and some of them lack the racks needed not to scrape my bumper . He had them . I never got ti speak with a human and the first time when I did int was as good as talking to the air . I got nowhere . As it turned out the tire had two screws and a large gash . It had to be replaced.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When my 2013 911 Turbo s went out of warranty, and needed a jump. I called Porsche roadside, they sent out the biggest looser to jump my car. I reported it, Prosche refunded my money. The next day I got a AAA membership. It's cheap insurance.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good evening
i got a vin last week of june
the app says scheduled for production 7/4
no updated from Porsche, dealer or the app
was this your experience?
dealer has had 40 cars waiting still at the port
I’m thinking I’m 41.
whoooooo knows.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Good evening
i got a vin last week of june
the app says scheduled for production 7/4
no updated from Porsche, dealer or the app
was this your experience?
dealer has had 40 cars waiting still at the port
I’m thinking I’m 41.
whoooooo knows.
You might get a picture soon on the tracker so stay tuned….that was how it went for me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts