Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently suffered a dead battery in my 2020 911scab. After charging (at the dealership service department) the “service flap open” warning light comes on when the vehicle is initially started. If I open and close the flap the light goes off. The dealership hasn’t a clue but declined to reach out to Porsche. I suspect it’s an electronic or software reset issue but solicit any insight or expertise. Dealership wants it back for a “deep dive”. I just want to drive!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I recently suffered a dead battery in my 2020 911scab. After charging (at the dealership service department) the “service flap open” warning light comes on when the vehicle is initially started. If I open and close the flap the light goes off. The dealership hasn’t a clue but declined to reach out to Porsche. I suspect it’s an electronic or software reset issue but solicit any insight or expertise. Dealership wants it back for a “deep dive”. I just want to drive!
Rick, that sucks…what is considered the “flap?”

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The engine access lid. The metal portion of the rear section of the cabriolet that also rises to allow the cloth top to come down. Perhaps the German to US English communication barriers persist. Even so, I cannot find it in the owner’s manual or internet.
Automotive lighting Font Automotive tire Headgear Motor vehicle

·
Registered
744 Posts
The engine access lid. The metal portion of the rear section of the cabriolet that also rises to allow the cloth top to come down. Perhaps the German to US English communication barriers persist. Even so, I cannot find it in the owner’s manual or internet.
Thats because they don't want people to tinker with the cars . It started years ago with the removal of an oil dipstick . I am not saying it can't be opened . I am saying it will, become. part time job before you find out and actually open it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to hear it.
The day I picked up the vehicle I was in a rush and didn’t get the service ticket. I was told it would be emailed. I haven’t received it yet and to be honest hadn’t thought about it until last week when my seat belt alarm began sounding and lit up for no apparent reason. The seat belt alarm isn’t a consistent problem. It is maddening.
Seems there is a service notice on the passenger seat currently.
Unfortunately, I’ll be returning to service and will ask for the ticket from the previous visit then.
Electronics are clearly below Porsche buyers expectations…

1 - 11 of 11 Posts