Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations on your GTS! Mine is not far behind in Emden port waiting on vessel; how long were you in port before your car was on vessel?
The boat docked on the 29 at Jacksonville . The dream app is slightly behind . I am guessing any day now .

My car sat at Emden for almost a month . Its amazing tight my car cpiold have ended up on either of the boats that faced issues . It missed both . Its a long drive from Jacksonville to Miami . I speculate a typical closed transport truck would have limited cars . So my guess is it stops at all three east Fl coast dealerships and Miami is the last . Hoping it arrives on Saturday to be delivered Monday. Predict Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

Its been a long wait !!

·
Registered
201 Posts
That is exciting news! Hope you get it next week.
Btw I received an email from Porsche saying “your car is in production” but once in the app I enter my build code, it does not work. Oh well.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It will be interesting to read your comps to your 991.2 gts. I am pretty certain that mine will be a completely different ride from the c2cab.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The boat docked on the 29 at Jacksonville . The dream app is slightly behind . I am guessing any day now .

My car sat at Emden for almost a month . Its amazing tight my car cpiold have ended up on either of the boats that faced issues . It missed both . Its a long drive from Jacksonville to Miami . I speculate a typical closed transport truck would have limited cars . So my guess is it stops at all three east Fl coast dealerships and Miami is the last . Hoping it arrives on Saturday to be delivered Monday. Predict Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

Its been a long wait !!
Yes, really fortunate you didnt end up on that "other" boat! A month in port...ouch! I'm hoping mine will be a bit less...mine is going to dealer in NY then enclosed trailer to my door in Los Angeles! This part of the venture is truly agonizing but once here the wait will be worth it!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, really fortunate you didnt end up on that "other" boat! A month in port...ouch! I'm hoping mine will be a bit less...mine is going to dealer in NY then enclosed trailer to my door in Los Angeles! This part of the venture is truly agonizing but once here the wait will be worth it!
It wasn’t supposed to be a month at port. I think Porsche paused briefly after the boat sank . They delayed everyone and then rescheduled

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Krazy Man, easy does it with mileage calculations. Just planning a few long weekends with the bride and trying to get past the 2k break in so I can let it rip! She will be put to sleep late November…the 911 not the bride!!!

I’m hoping by Wednesday. At the latest that’s my guess. How do you like it so far? You haven’t been here as much which leads me to think you’ve been out driving and 500 miles is where I intend to be right beside you in another month. This last waiting part is just brutal.

·
Registered
561 Posts

I’m hoping by Wednesday. At the latest that’s my guess. How do you like it so far? You haven’t been here as much which leads me to think you’ve been out driving and 500 miles is where I intend to be right beside you in another month. This last waiting part is just brutal.
Wednesday would be awesome so I‘lol keep my fingers crossed. It’s a different animal for sure. VERY different from my 981 in many ways, Size, performance, technology and the way it handles. I’ll explain in order: The size is taking a bit to get used to for me. I like it don’t get me wrong but its a larger car to maneuver. I’m more careful with it parking etc. I was careful with my 981 but smaller size made it easier to park etc…..all good just getting used to it. I did a lot of driving as a sales rep before I retired (close to a million miles over 25 years) so the 14 way seats are a god send for my lower back! Performance is a WOW for me, fast and nimble and I’m not pushing it at all, superb handling. Tech Now that I’m a week in the tech is easy…didn’t feel that way at first but expected. LOVE Apple Car Play! Plug in the phone and it appears on the screen to do whatever you want…like a large phone. Let me know if that helps or if you have specific questions. Also, been busy and not on here helping my Mom manage some health issues….but all good.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Wednesday would be awesome so I‘lol keep my fingers crossed. It’s a different animal for sure. VERY different from my 981 in many ways, Size, performance, technology and the way it handles. I’ll explain in order: The size is taking a bit to get used to for me. I like it don’t get me wrong but its a larger car to maneuver. I’m more careful with it parking etc. I was careful with my 981 but smaller size made it easier to park etc…..all good just getting used to it. I did a lot of driving as a sales rep before I retired (close to a million miles over 25 years) so the 14 way seats are a god send for my lower back! Performance is a WOW for me, fast and nimble and I’m not pushing it at all, superb handling. Tech Now that I’m a week in the tech is easy…didn’t feel that way at first but expected. LOVE Apple Car Play! Plug in the phone and it appears on the screen to do whatever you want…like a large phone. Let me know if that helps or if you have specific questions. Also, been busy and not on here helping my Mom manage some health issues….but all good.
Interesting, your size and handling comments. I find the 911 rather small and super easy to maneuver. Especially coming from MB SUV. Plus, driving it in Miami among all the Range Rovers….
The handling I suspect you are referring to old vs new technology.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1) Size - The 992 is a large 911 . Its larger than. the 991.2 GTS . I sat on the sidelines with the 991.1 because it was that much of a departure from the smaller platform traditional 911's . It was not hard to get used to a large 991.2 GTS though . Porsche really made it nimble for its size . I have a feeling with one will be even more intense .

2) Power and maneuverability - Your 992 S is equal par to my outgoing GTS in terms of acceleration so I know its relatively quick . Compared to a 981 its a monster though . The rear engine is very different than the mid engine . The mid engine car with a normally aspirated engine is extremely balanced . The rear engine feels like its being pushed and the front wheels are just for steering . Some people (particularly front engine M3 drivers) need some adjustment time . Since I have driven 911's for so many years its almost like being fluent in another language . Flipping in and out is no issue whereas a beginner is translating in his head . Once learned its second nature .

3) Tech is going to kill me. I don't even have apple tunes on my phone . I am old school . I listen to satellite radio . I did adjust to my 2020 Macan Turbo but dont use hardly any of the features , I just hope the performance feature come along easily . I am nervous about it.

You post helped . I am almost home free .

·
Registered
201 Posts
That is the first thing I experienced when I got behind the wheel of a 911. It felt like the engine was pushing you. And the front wheels were just for steering. The front end on my gts will be much heavier….I suspect the sensation will be different.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts