Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
i recently traded my 2020 992 chrono and sport exhaust
i recently was able to score a 4s July build
i maxed out around 130 which left me with limited options
i went with chrono and Upgraded rims
my concern is that this car will arrive yet a beast but quiet compared to what I was used to.
does anyone have experience using the 992 with and without pse?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hello
my concern is that this car will arrive yet a beast but quiet compared to what I was used to.
Everyone who has a 992 has the choice to turn on or off the PSE. The sound is most pronounced in sport mode however in sport plus mode it disengages putting all emphasis on performance.

Given that you’ve chosen only two options the sport exhaust would not be the most valuable option to put on the car. It adds sound but no performance gain . ultimately I think you’re going to put it as well as other options. I did a hypothetical build of just your two options. Then I put some modest options on it and the gap was $10,000. I think it’s worth it to spend somewhere in that range to make sure that you enjoy the next five years with that car with a balance of performance and modest comforts .

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everyone who has a 992 has the choice to turn on or off the PSE. The sound is most pronounced in sport mode however in sport plus mode it disengages putting all emphasis on performance.

Given that you’ve chosen only two options deep sport exhaust would not be the most valuable option to put on the car. It wouldn’t produce in a sound and ultimately I think you’re going to put it as well as other options. I did a hypothetical build of just your two options. Then I put some modest options on it and the gap was $10,000. I think it’s worth it to spend somewhere in that range to make sure that you enjoy the next five years with that car with a balance of performance and modest comforts .
I like the stock 4 pipes on the C4s opposed to the big round ovals for sport exhaust

·
Registered
401 Posts
Nice! To add to the exhaust topic. Porsche has moulded the rear bumper to fit the pse round tailpipes, good lock going with aftermarket double pipes in the future 😜

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Given that you’ve chosen only two options the sport exhaust would not be the most valuable option to put on the car. It adds sound but no performance gain . ultimately I think you’re going to put it as well as other options. I did a hypothetical build of just your two options. Then I put some modest options on it and the gap was $10,000. I think it’s worth it to spend somewhere in that range to make sure that you enjoy the next five years with that car with a balance of performance and modest comforts .
Good point
im 58 this could be the last 911
I was thinking about aventurine green but my friends call is aarp green.
im going base white

·
Registered
744 Posts
Good point
im 58 this could be the last 911
I was thinking about aventurine green but my friends call is aarp green.
im going base white
I bought my 2017 car at 59. I am 64 and still cooking !! I love white cars . In fact the last 12c years were white cars for me as my daily driver in Florida . I felt the need to try something different but I almost bought another white car all the way to the lock date . Thus convincing me is easy . I did open my mind to looking at EVERY color . I even did a build in every color and staggered it in terms of the risk . I took myself far out of my comfort zone to ponder it . The higher risk colors were more modest in case I decided to bail out . In the end it was a dead heat of Gt silver Vs white . Both were my highest builds .

I asked for help on Rennlist and they obliged . Members posted pictures of their cars . It made the choice veery hard . These three threads drove me nuts in my decision ...

1) Poll on the super bright colors - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

2) Why are so many silver buyers not repeat silver buyers ? - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

3) I cant find a white 992 picture thread - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

·
Registered
401 Posts
I bought my 2017 car at 59. I am 64 and still cooking !! I love white cars . In fact the last 12c years were white cars for me as my daily driver in Florida . I felt the need to try something different but I almost bought another white car all the way to the lock date . Thus convincing me is easy . I did open my mind to looking at EVERY color . I even did a build in every color and staggered it in terms of the risk . I took myself far out of my comfort zone to ponder it . The higher risk colors were more modest in case I decided to bail out . In the end it was a dead heat of Gt silver Vs white . Both were my highest builds .

I asked for help on Rennlist and they obliged . Members posted pictures of their cars . It made the choice veery hard . These three threads drove me nuts in my decision ...

1) Poll on the super bright colors - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

2) Why are so many silver buyers not repeat silver buyers ? - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

3) I cant find a white 992 picture thread - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums
If you miss white in say 6 months…i will swap with you for a weekend. Say weekend in Oct?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello
I wish I had not opted for the Sport Exhaust and instead gone with a different wheel other than standard. Sport Exhaust to me is a gimmick. But the salesman said I needed to include it for resale. Not necessary and as others have said, the quad pipes look very nice from the rear. Spend your money wisely.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wish I had not opted for the Sport Exhaust and instead gone with a different wheel other than standard. Sport Exhaust to me is a gimmick. But the salesman said I needed to include it for resale. Not necessary and as others have said, the quad pipes look very nice from the rear. Spend your money wisely.
Ahhh yes!
The burps don’t impress me as I had it on my 2020. I had an 06 c4 that was quiet. That’s why I’m timid.
thanks fir the feedback

·
Registered
744 Posts
Of course it’s not needed. In fact the quad pipe stock exhaust is surely sufficient. That is especially the case with the cab. However I like the noise. I think the audible sounds add a pleasant compliment . The option of turning it on or all is always available although I put it on as soon as the cars warmed up. Even do it in my Macan turbo.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.