Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I decided to venture into sport plus with my GTS . With 1200 miles I felt that despite a few speed sprints I hadn't tested the full monte . That changed tonight .

1) Sport Plus has become even more sophisticated . In older 911's the rev's only shifted at redline . That has changed a little . For instance I put it to SP at 10 mph as I entered an on ramp to an empty road . I wanted to be sure no other cars were there so I took the car to 30 mph slowly . When I saw the all clear I punched it. SP takes the car all the way to redline , the shifts are immediate and it will downshift if needed when slowing down .

2) The sound and pull are just awesome . Its fast enough ti feel sufficient and balanced enough with the RWD / lightweight package to feel agile .

When I shifted it back tl sport to drive home I replayed the event and thought about how much I love this car . I had been daily driving it all day running tasks . Its the perfect blend of what I needed .

·
Registered
52 Posts
Tonight I decided to venture into sport plus with my GTS . With 1200 miles I felt that despite a few speed sprints I hadn't tested the full monte . That changed tonight .

1) Sport Plus has become even more sophisticated . In older 911's the rev's only shifted at redline . That has changed a little . For instance I put it to SP at 10 mph as I entered an on ramp to an empty road . I wanted to be sure no other cars were there so I took the car to 30 mph slowly . When I saw the all clear I punched it. SP takes the car all the way to redline , the shifts are immediate and it will downshift if needed when slowing down .

2) The sound and pull are just awesome . Its fast enough ti feel sufficient and balanced enough with the RWD / lightweight package to feel agile .

When I shifted it back tl sport to drive home I replayed the event and thought about how much I love this car . I had been daily driving it all day running tasks . Its the perfect blend of what I needed .
Lol, I can feel all that emotions already in normal mode but I agree, in SP I have all the respect for the car. The sound is simply amazing!

·
Registered
858 Posts

I’m going to mess around with Sport Plus today with the Manual to see if I can identify any difference.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought you were not supposed to redline the car during break in?
I have 1200 miles. I followed the protocol pretty nicely until now. One thing I forgot to mention is it just before it hits the red line exhaust note resonance is just sublime. Combine with the light weight package where I hear the sound right at its peak create such a mind blowing experience.

I tried to compare the acceleration with my modified 911turbo. I would love to run them against each other. Both are fast but they’re different in the driver experience with it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have 1200 miles. I followed the protocol pretty nicely until now. One thing I forgot to mention is it just before it hits the red line exhaust note resonance is just sublime. Combine with the light weight package where I hear the sound right at its peak create such a mind blowing experience.

I tried to compare the acceleration with my modified 911turbo. I would love to run them against each other. Both are fast but they’re different in the driver experience with it.
Is the breakin 1000miles then? I thought it was 3k

·
Registered
858 Posts

So I tried out the Sport Plus this morning and I noticed a firmer ride for sure VS. just Sport…I’m sure that’s a common response…stay well!

·
Registered
52 Posts

Did you pushed sport button response :):eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts