Porsche 992 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here, looking to buy a 992. I was reading the description on the Porsche web and see it comes with Start Stop ? can that be deactivated ? I really think that would be a deal breaker for me if I could not kill that feature..... I hear these modern cars at the traffic light going through that automatic stop start and know I would not like that a bit..... appreciate your comments.... James

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey @buellwinkle, it turns out you can disable start-stop in 992 911's:

"You can see the status of Start-Stop without much clutter in the menu in the home menu ... also switch it on and off there.

To do this, as in all other Porsches today, simply press the home symbol at the top left of the PCM ... et voila"

That was from a German 992 owner. I doubt U.S. spec versions are any different.

You can try confirming with your dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

"You can see the status of Start-Stop without much clutter in the menu in the home menu ... also switch it on and off there.

To do this, as in all other Porsches today, simply press the home symbol at the top left of the PCM ... et voila"

Thank you so much, now I can visit a dealer knowing the deal is not dead before it starts ! !! !

·
Registered
2020 911 Carrera
3 Posts
You can turn it on and off but when you restart the car its back on. When you start the car, hit the sport button and it stays off until you restart...much easier than going thru the PCM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thank you for the comments. I have not yet visited the dealer to look at the cars, that will prove to be fatal.... jp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts