Porsche 992 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some automotive journalists have already been fortunate enough to get some hands on time with the new 992. Carfection just uploaded these very detailed look at the new generation and what you can expect from the car both inside and out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The quality of the videos that come out of Carfection is incredible. I really like the new dashboard style and I think its a great homage to the classic 911 design.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Not a fan of how much bigger the 911 has gotten this time around and continues to as the years go on. If it wasn't for the great power to weight ratio Porsche maintains then I would lose all interest and stick to older generations.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In terms of dimensions very little has changed from the 991.2 to the 992. All we are seeing is slightly wider fenders, to increased track widths on the front and rear, for better grip and turn in. Its got the exact same wheelbase and overall length has increased by an inch..

·
Registered
168 Posts
The changes might seem few on paper but from a design perspective it impacts the 911 quite a bit. In person you'll be able to notice them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Its a pretty thin line that Porsche had to walk when updating something with the legacy that the 911 has. Pretty sure its the longest running model in the industry.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Its a pretty thin line that Porsche had to walk when updating something with the legacy that the 911 has. Pretty sure its the longest running model in the industry.
Fine line but easier than other car makers have it.

Producing the 911 generation after the next without production gaps all with strong followings, gives them an advantage.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Every model will serve as a small evolutionary step as they move towards a fully electric lineup. But even the Taycan retains a lot of the established design cues.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would love to see the Panamera go full EV with design cues pulled right from the Taycan. Always felt its design could be on a longer and more casual platform.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts