Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unlike other reviews this one seemed so genuine . He expressed that he basically was handed the car with no real instruction . You can tell its a base car in a flat color stripped of options. At about 9 min 50 sec you can see where he has a moment where he falls in love with it . By the end I almost wished he didn't have to give the key back .

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Unlike other reviews this one seemed so genuine . He expressed that he basically was handed the car with no real instruction . You can tell its a base car in a flat color stripped of options. At about 9 min 50 sec you can see where he has a moment where he falls in love with it . By the end I almost wished he didn't have to give the key back .
Awww Larry, deep down, you're a real "softy"! :p Thanks for the vid.

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awww Larry, deep down, you're a real "softy"! :p Thanks for the vid.
These cars are about the joy of driving. When someone who thought about the car most of his childhood life gets to drive one and it meets every thing that he imagined cause it’s a very touching moment. That’s what I saw at nine minutes 57 seconds. It was not a typical review. At the end you could tell she was almost, sad to give it back and not have it forever. What struck me about the car itself is that it has no options. Noticed a little wheels, four-way seats, no sport exhaust even though we hit the button, no sport plus, and a flat color . He admits that the racing yellow would not have been his choice but you could tell that he went out and bought a yellow swatch perhaps for the occasion. It doesn’t match anything else that he’s wearing. He was ready to drive this car.

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Correction the time I gave was nine minutes 57 seconds. It’s actually nine minutes 40 seconds that he realizes it.
OMG! My neighbor and good friend Porsche neighbor just picked this Turbo S us yesterday. He went in for an oil change and wham! Guess who will be test driving this once the weather clears…….MEEEEEEEEE! I’ll keep you posted.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Honestly .. that is the car for you . Its has comfort . It has supercar performance . You would have to give up the manual but your face would smear into a smile . My friend has a cab so a convertible is in play, He loves it. The white coupe looks dynamite !!

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Honestly .. that is the car for you . Its has comfort . It has supercar performance . You would have to give up the manual but your face would smear into a smile . My friend has a cab so a convertible is in play, He loves it. The white coupe looks dynamite !!
Probably too much car for me and it wont happen anytime soon!

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's another You Tuber getting emotional about the GT3 Touring, actually think this is one of his better films with the stunning scenery in Spain and Portugal.

The
"flat shift" he talks about is something I dont like. It somewhat makes a manual become a PDK . One may as well buy a PDK than simply row the arm .

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, it had 1300 miles on it. It was traded in at our local Lancaster dealer in PA from a fanatical owner. He already ordered a 2024 to replace it. Must be nice or he knows something we don’t!
Probably just want to different options or a different color. It’s exactly what my friend did. He had a 2021 chock turbo S cab and traded it in for 2023 paint to sample British racing green cab.

When I look at the initial video of this thread, it reminds me that you don’t need everything. In fact, that guy was just content with nothing extra in his car. Just driving the bass car in stripped form was good enough.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts