Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on the forum added this? I have the standard "roll curb" at my house and the VERY first time home, I dragged the front spoiler over it. I have a Targa GTS so it's low-low... and no factory nose lift. HATING having to back into the driveway!

Thanks!

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,314 Posts
Has anyone on the forum added this? I have the standard "roll curb" at my house and the VERY first time home, I dragged the front spoiler over it. I have a Targa GTS so it's low-low... and no factory nose lift. HATING having to back into the driveway!

Thanks!
I have the Techart front axle lift on my lowered modded 997 Turbo . The front lip is a nightmare (lower than a Gt3.. pic below .. not much clearance ) . It is EXCELLENT but very expensive . At least it was when I installed it more than 10 years ago. It was about 13K installed BTW .

Vehicle Wheel Tire Car Vehicle registration plate

· Registered
1,897 Posts
I have the Techart front axle lift on my lowered modded 997 Turbo . The front lip is a nightmare (lower than a Gt3.. pic below .. not much clearance ) . It is EXCELLENT but very expensive . At least it was when I installed it more than 10 years ago. It was about 13K installed BTW .

View attachment 1790
I did not add axle lift and never had an issue but I have a Carrera S so not as heavy, good luck.

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,314 Posts
I did not add axle lift and never had an issue but I have a Carrera S so not as heavy, good luck.
I also fare well with my GTS but the dropped 997 is a different beast . I had a discussion on Macan Forum with a guy shopping 992 who lived in San Francisco. FAL was a must for him . I understood . I only went there once but there were so many hills I felt my food was going to slide off my plate .

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Told you, you should've put winters on! Here, it's impossible and no FAL would help (way too much snow and freezing temps) but the Macan is unbeatable in winter. :)
I hear ya but my situation will be different next June when the bride retires OR decides to work 2 days a week. Just don’t want to buy another car until rug rat #1 is taken care of. She pushed back her car purchase until Spring to bank more coin….good kid!

· Registered
1,275 Posts
I hear ya but my situation will be different next June when the bride retires OR decides to work 2 days a week. Just don’t want to buy another car until rug rat #1 is taken care of. She pushed back her car purchase until Spring to bank more coin….good kid!
I understand and I don't want you to buy another car. I just meant that with the PA winter weather being more " pleasant" than here in Montreal, you could enjoy the 992 all year...with winter shoes. Imagine the top down in a cold but sunny winter day. Hat, gloves, heater and heated steering wheel....it would be pure pleasure. I wish i could do it. But with our snow banks at every corner, it's a forklift I would need not just an axle lift! LOL!

· Registered
1,897 Posts
I understand and I don't want you to buy another car. I just meant that with the PA winter weather being more " pleasant" than here in Montreal, you could enjoy the 992 all year...with winter shoes. Imagine the top down in a cold but sunny winter day. Hat, gloves, heater and heated steering wheel....it would be pure pleasure. I wish i could do it. But with our snow banks at every corner, it's a forklift I would need not just an axle lift! LOL!
All good brother. I was considering the tires but I really only take it out if it hits 50 or better. Won’t have many of those left so its mostly tucked away for the winter. Now you’ll have me googling rims and tires!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts