Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Got those pics from my SA earlier today. Right off the truck this morning. If all goes well with PDI, PPF, ceramic, etc. I should take possession this Friday! Soooo excited! :giggle:

Will post better and bigger pics soon...
CH, that’s awesome, congratulations! Enjoy every moment of the delivery and every mile!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow, where have i been? Just catching up now! Congrats on finally getting it. She's a beauty. Can't wait to see more pics. I still don't even have a slot....will have to live vicariously for a few more months.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, where have i been? Just catching up now! Congrats on finally getting it. She's a beauty. Can't wait to see more pics. I still don't even have a slot....will have to live vicariously for a few more months.
Thanks @Als992, fellow Canadian and MT lover! Not a sports car unless it's manual (sorry Larry! :p)!

I haven't seen the car yet but those 2 tiny pics give a nice idea of the famous or should I say "infamous" Gentian Blue color. I love it! Will post more pics...with the slate grey/chalk interior. Another "gamble"! 😅 Yup! I like to live dangerously. The only thing I was sure about was the manual shifter (I know Larry, the GTS stick is better!).

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Thanks @Als992, fellow Canadian and MT lover! Not a sports car unless it's manual (sorry Larry! :p)!

I haven't seen the car yet but those 2 tiny pics give a nice idea of the famous or should I say "infamous" Gentian Blue color. I love it! Will post more pics...with the slate grey/chalk interior. Another "gamble"! 😅 Yup! I like to live dangerously. The only thing I was sure about was the manual shifter (I know Larry, the GTS stick is better!).
The short shift is awesome, I love it!

·
Registered
744 Posts

I love the manual. You only get to pick one though and I already have one car that’s a manual. There have been times where all of my cars were manuals. At one time I had three manuals. I enjoyed watching the video on smoking tire where he reviewed the Gentian Cab in a manual. It looks like you’re going to have a blast driving the car. I’m still in shock that you finally got it. I remember the long period of time where you didn’t even know you were going to get a slot. Once you got it this was fast . Soon enough you’ll be driving and you’ll see this car really is fantastic.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I love the manual. You only get to pick one though and I already have one car that’s a manual. There have been times where all of my cars were manuals. At one time I had three manuals. I enjoyed watching the video on smoking tire where he reviewed the Gentian Cab in a manual. It looks like you’re going to have a blast driving the car. I’m still in shock that you finally got it. I remember the long period of time where you didn’t even know you were going to get a slot. Once you got it this was fast . Soon enough you’ll be driving and you’ll see this car really is fantastic.
It really is a fun tight, fast car. I gave a neighbor a ride over the weekend and I think she soiled her pants!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just like to tease you Larry because I know you appreciate both type of transmissions. And what a dilemma when a constructor literally offers the best of both worlds.

My wait was long and agonizing because of all the reasons we know. If I was told from the beginning what to expect, the experience would’ve been better. But you’re absolutely right, things went extremely fast once I got my slot. And I must admit that sharing my journey with you, Bobby, LK and all the members on this Forum was a blast…even if it made my wife sometime jealous. LOL! Thanks guys!

Now, the real fun begins…

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I just like to tease you Larry because I know you appreciate both type of transmissions. And what a dilemma when a constructor literally offers the best of both worlds.

My wait was long and agonizing because of all the reasons we know. If I was told from the beginning what to expect, the experience would’ve been better. But you’re absolutely right, things went extremely fast once I got my slot. And I must admit that sharing my journey with you, Bobby, LK and all the members on this Forum was a blast…even if it made my wife sometime jealous. LOL! Thanks guys!

Now, the real fun begins…
Awesome…..its all like life. It’s a journey not a destination. I’m getting all philosophical at 6:12 in the morning!

·
Registered
53 Posts

Yes 6MT for me! (although the PDK is amazing). You beat me to it, was gonna ask what you thought of the slate grey/chalk interior in person? Guess time will tell how it wears but i think it's a stunning combo. Would be too nervous myself to order it. Maybe you can be my test mule and by the time i get a slot we'll know how it wears! Of course we need to see all these pics after you give her a nice bath. How long in total did it take from the time you were given the slot to now? Maybe that will give me hope. My dealer still thinks he's "sure" i'll get a MY2023.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes 6MT for me! (although the PDK is amazing). You beat me to it, was gonna ask what you thought of the slate grey/chalk interior in person? Guess time will tell how it wears but i think it's a stunning combo. Would be too nervous myself to order it. Maybe you can be my test mule and by the time i get a slot we'll know how it wears! Of course we need to see all these pics after you give her a nice bath. How long in total did it take from the time you were given the slot to now? Maybe that will give me hope. My dealer still thinks he's "sure" i'll get a MY2023.
I certainly hope you won't have to wait to see if the leather in my car wears out before you get your own 992!
:p I will protect the leather and whatever happens happens. Life is too short and I've never had a light leather interior. As for the waiting period, everything goes fast once you have your allocation. In my case, about 2 months as you can see in the attached schedule. The car actually arrived earlier on May 12! Took longer from Halifax to MTL than from Germany to Canada! :rolleyes:

Will post more pics of the interior...

Hang in there @Als992

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
I certainly hope you won't have to wait to see if the leather in my car wears out before you get your own 992!
:p I will protect the leather and whatever happens happens. Life is too short and I've never had a light leather interior. As for the waiting period, everything goes fast once you have your allocation. In my case, about 2 months as you can see in the attached schedule. The car actually arrived earlier on May 12! Took longer from Halifax to MTL than from Germany to Canada! :rolleyes:

Will post more pics of the interior...

Hang in there @Als992
I hope not as well but my SA told me yesterday that it's getting worse before it gets better. They had 20 or so fewer cars allocated than expected this year and he said there were no Canadian cars on that ship fiasco. Then he said the wiring harness is made in the Ukraine so.... Arghhh. Keeping my fingers crossed. Great to know however that things move fast once allocated. I have hope!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts