Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Wow, where have i been? Just catching up now! Congrats on finally getting it. She's a beauty. Can't wait to see more pics. I still don't even have a slot....will have to live vicariously for a few more months.

Registered
Thanks @Als992, fellow Canadian and MT lover! Not a sports car unless it's manual (sorry Larry! :p)!

I haven't seen the car yet but those 2 tiny pics give a nice idea of the famous or should I say "infamous" Gentian Blue color. I love it! Will post more pics...with the slate grey/chalk interior. Another "gamble"! 馃槄 Yup! I like to live dangerously. The only thing I was sure about was the manual shifter (I know Larry, the GTS stick is better!).
Yes 6MT for me! (although the PDK is amazing). You beat me to it, was gonna ask what you thought of the slate grey/chalk interior in person? Guess time will tell how it wears but i think it's a stunning combo. Would be too nervous myself to order it. Maybe you can be my test mule and by the time i get a slot we'll know how it wears! Of course we need to see all these pics after you give her a nice bath. How long in total did it take from the time you were given the slot to now? Maybe that will give me hope. My dealer still thinks he's "sure" i'll get a MY2023.

Registered
I certainly hope you won't have to wait to see if the leather in my car wears out before you get your own 992!
:p I will protect the leather and whatever happens happens. Life is too short and I've never had a light leather interior. As for the waiting period, everything goes fast once you have your allocation. In my case, about 2 months as you can see in the attached schedule. The car actually arrived earlier on May 12! Took longer from Halifax to MTL than from Germany to Canada! :rolleyes:

Will post more pics of the interior...

Hang in there @Als992
I hope not as well but my SA told me yesterday that it's getting worse before it gets better. They had 20 or so fewer cars allocated than expected this year and he said there were no Canadian cars on that ship fiasco. Then he said the wiring harness is made in the Ukraine so.... Arghhh. Keeping my fingers crossed. Great to know however that things move fast once allocated. I have hope!

Registered
Thanks @Als992! The color combo was a 芦 gamble 禄. I needed a change from the traditional white and black but didn鈥檛 have the guts to go for Python green! 馃槈 It鈥檚 not a 芦 mean machine 禄 but I鈥檓 extremely happy with the 芦 urban chic 禄 look! 馃おLOL!

That said, the 911 looks great in every color鈥xcept maybe鈥acing yellow (apologies to those yellow lovers)! 馃お

Now, time to enjoy that engine and that spectacular manual transmission! 馃槉
i hear you. MY SA told me that they're now offering artic grey as a colour option for MY23 and if it's true that sounds enticing to me with a red interior but yes i agree there are not many bad options. Anxious to see what you think of the drive, and suspension...enjoy every minute.

Registered
Did you see pics of Bobby鈥檚 992? It鈥檚 the same combo you were considering GT Silver over Black/Bordeau leather. Beautiful!

Bobby- can you post your pics again
yeah that's my current and original build....still loving that too. Currently have red leather in my S4 and haven't tired of it at all after 3 years.

Registered
Just posted interior shots.
Thanks Bobby! Oh man, that is gorgeous too!! Yeah there is no bad choice (minus yellow haha). Only diff is mine is (will be) a hardtop and i chose Carrera classic wheels, but liking yours too. Loving that black/bordeaux and nice touch with the red top too. Very classy. So we have urban chic vs classy. Decisions, decisions.

Registered
Thanks Larry! I鈥檓 very happy for those of us who finally got their 992 but just sorry to read what @Als992 wrote: 芦 SA told me yesterday that it's getting worse before it gets better. They had 20 or so fewer cars allocated than expected this year 禄 馃槒

My own SA told me that the supply chain is now completely 芦 broken 禄 and they receive NO more updates from Porsche. We were lucky in our bad luck!
yeah i think i was after all you guys with my deposit in Nov'21. Still no available slot. He also told me they took deliver of ZERO sports cars last month....that's crazy. Encouraging that once you do get a slot, it moves quickly. I may need you guys as my support group.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts