Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Got those pics from my SA earlier today. Right off the truck this morning. If all goes well with PDI, PPF, ceramic, etc. I should take possession this Friday! Soooo excited! :giggle:

Will post better and bigger pics soon...
Awesome news !!! Its beautiful !! Now remember .. no cliff diving !! :ROFLMAO:
Have fun with the process.

Registered
Thanks @Als992, fellow Canadian and MT lover! Not a sports car unless it's manual (sorry Larry! :p)!

I haven't seen the car yet but those 2 tiny pics give a nice idea of the famous or should I say "infamous" Gentian Blue color. I love it! Will post more pics...with the slate grey/chalk interior. Another "gamble"! 馃槄 Yup! I like to live dangerously. The only thing I was sure about was the manual shifter (I know Larry, the GTS stick is better!).
I love the manual. You only get to pick one though and I already have one car that鈥檚 a manual. There have been times where all of my cars were manuals. At one time I had three manuals. I enjoyed watching the video on smoking tire where he reviewed the Gentian Cab in a manual. It looks like you鈥檙e going to have a blast driving the car. I鈥檓 still in shock that you finally got it. I remember the long period of time where you didn鈥檛 even know you were going to get a slot. Once you got it this was fast . Soon enough you鈥檒l be driving and you鈥檒l see this car really is fantastic.

Registered
I got to the throat a bit late as we had a tropical storm here last night and yesterday. The car is absolutely beautiful. I鈥檒l still in amazement that all of us got them after all that we went through. It鈥檚 like each one of us had our own story of the plight of getting this car. Congratulations again! It will be a huge difference from your Boxster!

Registered
Thanks Larry! I鈥檓 very happy for those of us who finally got their 992 but just sorry to read what @Als992 wrote: 芦 SA told me yesterday that it's getting worse before it gets better. They had 20 or so fewer cars allocated than expected this year 禄 馃槒

My own SA told me that the supply chain is now completely 芦 broken 禄 and they receive NO more updates from Porsche. We were lucky in our bad luck!
I looked at the pics again as my iPhone shows them smaller . I love the plate too !! I can't get yrralis1 (too many digits) . I also think its really cool how they have a celebratory car cover unveiling . I have seen pictures of some elaborate deliveries . Here its pretty straight forward . When I took my car they let me know things are though. I know these guys for years and see how tense they are .
They have to make their money on used cars so your trade in can become desirable . Thats what had surprised me with your Boxster . They kept you in ,limbo so long after you gave it to them. I think they key is early deposits . I have seriously considered a 992.2 GTS deposit . Its just so far out and I am not so young anymore . Plus its expensive and getting any cheaper . Also note that I end up buying two at a time. My wife's Macan is adding miles . I have been driving it more too . It was a lifesaver in the storm . WE had 9 inches of rain in 24 hrs .. People are stalling out everywhere . You guys have the snow and we have the tropical stuff . My new car is right back in there garage and my 997 is at the highest point of my driveway . I am not in flood zone luckily bur I take no chances plus its postponed where a roof tile cant hit it easily if the wind kicks up.

Congrats again .

Registered
If you're seriously considering changing model in 2-3 years, you should definitely put your name on that waiting list. No obligations. You can skip your turn if not ready when the time comes. In Montreal, they only asked for a 1K deposit. But IMO, you won't get a call before 2 years!
Its hard to commit to a big ticket purchase so far out . I dont know about you guys but this entire order/ wait/ plus the idea that the lack of ADM was even stressful for the dealership was totally emotionally draining . Buying a car used to not have so much drama . Thus 911 exhausted me and the thought of singing up for more hits a hard pause in me. Even buying a Macan which may have to be replaced before my 911 has me pausing .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts