Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Simply spectacular! Just got home from another quick ride let me know how you like the manual transmission. Congratulations again!
Thanks Bobby! For today, with all the excitement, I’m just happy I made it home. 😅LOL! Will post my first impressions soon. Here’s a pic with the blue top up.

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Absolutely gorgeous! And i am sooooo jealous! No, actually happy for you for waiting so long. That combo is stunning. Love the 2-tone interior and as a bonus will be nice and cool on a sunny day.
Thanks @Als992! The color combo was a « gamble ». I needed a change from the traditional white and black but didn’t have the guts to go for Python green! 😉 It’s not a « mean machine » but I’m extremely happy with the « urban chic » look! 🤪LOL!

That said, the 911 looks great in every color…except maybe…racing yellow (apologies to those yellow lovers)! 🤪

Now, time to enjoy that engine and that spectacular manual transmission! 😊

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks @Als992! The color combo was a « gamble ». I needed a change from the traditional white and black but didn’t have the guts to go for Python green! 😉 It’s not a « mean machine » but I’m extremely happy with the « urban chic » look! 🤪LOL!

That said, the 911 looks great in every color…except maybe…racing yellow (apologies to those yellow lovers)! 🤪

Now, time to enjoy that engine and that spectacular manual transmission! 😊
i hear you. MY SA told me that they're now offering artic grey as a colour option for MY23 and if it's true that sounds enticing to me with a red interior but yes i agree there are not many bad options. Anxious to see what you think of the drive, and suspension...enjoy every minute.

·
Registered
700 Posts
i hear you. MY SA told me that they're now offering artic grey as a colour option for MY23 and if it's true that sounds enticing to me with a red interior but yes i agree there are not many bad options. Anxious to see what you think of the drive, and suspension...enjoy every minute.
Sounds cool, I’m going to look into that color.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Did you see pics of Bobby’s 992? It’s the same combo you were considering GT Silver over Black/Bordeau leather. Beautiful!

Bobby- can you post your pics again

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did you see pics of Bobby’s 992? It’s the same combo you were considering GT Silver over Black/Bordeau leather. Beautiful!

Bobby- can you post your pics again
yeah that's my current and original build....still loving that too. Currently have red leather in my S4 and haven't tired of it at all after 3 years.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I got to the throat a bit late as we had a tropical storm here last night and yesterday. The car is absolutely beautiful. I’ll still in amazement that all of us got them after all that we went through. It’s like each one of us had our own story of the plight of getting this car. Congratulations again! It will be a huge difference from your Boxster!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I got to the throat a bit late as we had a tropical storm here last night and yesterday. The car is absolutely beautiful. I’ll still in amazement that all of us got them after all that we went through. It’s like each one of us had our own story of the plight of getting this car. Congratulations again! It will be a huge difference from your Boxster!
Thanks Larry! I’m very happy for those of us who finally got their 992 but just sorry to read what @Als992 wrote: « SA told me yesterday that it's getting worse before it gets better. They had 20 or so fewer cars allocated than expected this year » 😏

My own SA told me that the supply chain is now completely « broken » and they receive NO more updates from Porsche. We were lucky in our bad luck!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thanks Larry! I’m very happy for those of us who finally got their 992 but just sorry to read what @Als992 wrote: « SA told me yesterday that it's getting worse before it gets better. They had 20 or so fewer cars allocated than expected this year » 😏

My own SA told me that the supply chain is now completely « broken » and they receive NO more updates from Porsche. We were lucky in our bad luck!
I looked at the pics again as my iPhone shows them smaller . I love the plate too !! I can't get yrralis1 (too many digits) . I also think its really cool how they have a celebratory car cover unveiling . I have seen pictures of some elaborate deliveries . Here its pretty straight forward . When I took my car they let me know things are though. I know these guys for years and see how tense they are .
They have to make their money on used cars so your trade in can become desirable . Thats what had surprised me with your Boxster . They kept you in ,limbo so long after you gave it to them. I think they key is early deposits . I have seriously considered a 992.2 GTS deposit . Its just so far out and I am not so young anymore . Plus its expensive and getting any cheaper . Also note that I end up buying two at a time. My wife's Macan is adding miles . I have been driving it more too . It was a lifesaver in the storm . WE had 9 inches of rain in 24 hrs .. People are stalling out everywhere . You guys have the snow and we have the tropical stuff . My new car is right back in there garage and my 997 is at the highest point of my driveway . I am not in flood zone luckily bur I take no chances plus its postponed where a roof tile cant hit it easily if the wind kicks up.

Congrats again .

·
Registered
700 Posts
I looked at the pics again as my iPhone shows them smaller . I love the plate too !! I can't get yrralis1 (too many digits) . I also think its really cool how they have a celebratory car cover unveiling . I have seen pictures of some elaborate deliveries . Here its pretty straight forward . When I took my car they let me know things are though. I know these guys for years and see how tense they are .
They have to make their money on used cars so your trade in can become desirable . Thats what had surprised me with your Boxster . They kept you in ,limbo so long after you gave it to them. I think they key is early deposits . I have seriously considered a 992.2 GTS deposit . Its just so far out and I am not so young anymore . Plus its expensive and getting any cheaper . Also note that I end up buying two at a time. My wife's Macan is adding miles . I have been driving it more too . It was a lifesaver in the storm . WE had 9 inches of rain in 24 hrs .. People are stalling out everywhere . You guys have the snow and we have the tropical stuff . My new car is right back in there garage and my 997 is at the highest point of my driveway . I am not in flood zone luckily bur I take no chances plus its postponed where a roof tile cant hit it easily if the wind kicks up.

Congrats again .
That’s tough weather Larry, stay safe. Seeing CH’s Gentian Blue makes me think about the next one! Maybe that killer red or shark Blue…..all stunning!

21 - 40 of 66 Posts