Porsche 992 Forum banner

The Eagle has landed

4K views 65 replies 6 participants last post by  BobbyG 
#1 ·
Got those pics from my SA earlier today. Right off the truck this morning. If all goes well with PDI, PPF, ceramic, etc. I should take possession this Friday! Soooo excited! :giggle:

Will post better and bigger pics soon...

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks @Als992, fellow Canadian and MT lover! Not a sports car unless it's manual (sorry Larry! :p)!

I haven't seen the car yet but those 2 tiny pics give a nice idea of the famous or should I say "infamous" Gentian Blue color. I love it! Will post more pics...with the slate grey/chalk interior. Another "gamble"! 😅 Yup! I like to live dangerously. The only thing I was sure about was the manual shifter (I know Larry, the GTS stick is better!).

#16 ·
Yes 6MT for me! (although the PDK is amazing). You beat me to it, was gonna ask what you thought of the slate grey/chalk interior in person? Guess time will tell how it wears but i think it's a stunning combo. Would be too nervous myself to order it. Maybe you can be my test mule and by the time i get a slot we'll know how it wears! Of course we need to see all these pics after you give her a nice bath. How long in total did it take from the time you were given the slot to now? Maybe that will give me hope. My dealer still thinks he's "sure" i'll get a MY2023.
I certainly hope you won't have to wait to see if the leather in my car wears out before you get your own 992!
:p I will protect the leather and whatever happens happens. Life is too short and I've never had a light leather interior. As for the waiting period, everything goes fast once you have your allocation. In my case, about 2 months as you can see in the attached schedule. The car actually arrived earlier on May 12! Took longer from Halifax to MTL than from Germany to Canada! :rolleyes:

Will post more pics of the interior...

Hang in there @Als992

Attachments

#18 ·
I certainly hope you won't have to wait to see if the leather in my car wears out before you get your own 992!
:p I will protect the leather and whatever happens happens. Life is too short and I've never had a light leather interior. As for the waiting period, everything goes fast once you have your allocation. In my case, about 2 months as you can see in the attached schedule. The car actually arrived earlier on May 12! Took longer from Halifax to MTL than from Germany to Canada! :rolleyes:

Will post more pics of the interior...

Hang in there @Als992
I hope not as well but my SA told me yesterday that it's getting worse before it gets better. They had 20 or so fewer cars allocated than expected this year and he said there were no Canadian cars on that ship fiasco. Then he said the wiring harness is made in the Ukraine so.... Arghhh. Keeping my fingers crossed. Great to know however that things move fast once allocated. I have hope!

#37 ·
I got to the throat a bit late as we had a tropical storm here last night and yesterday. The car is absolutely beautiful. I’ll still in amazement that all of us got them after all that we went through. It’s like each one of us had our own story of the plight of getting this car. Congratulations again! It will be a huge difference from your Boxster!

#38 ·
Thanks Larry! I’m very happy for those of us who finally got their 992 but just sorry to read what @Als992 wrote: « SA told me yesterday that it's getting worse before it gets better. They had 20 or so fewer cars allocated than expected this year » 😏

My own SA told me that the supply chain is now completely « broken » and they receive NO more updates from Porsche. We were lucky in our bad luck!

#64 ·
Terrible! 😕 Here, the Laurentians (Tremblant) and western QC were most affected. The Greater Montreal area was spared as the storm moved from Ontario through to Outaouais, the Laurentians, etc. Must have have been a nightmare for you without power for 7 days!!! Some couldn't even leave their cottages because the roads were blocked by fallen trees. Was it your case?

Glad you're ok! 😅

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.