Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been working with my dealer this week to finalize delivery details on my new incoming C4GTS. (The Porsche Code) It's making its way across Canada on a train now, should be taking delivery around the end of January. Getting pretty excited!

And been playing around on the configurator, thinking about the next one... since lead times are so long... why not put in for an allocation if it will take 2 years...

Could go in two different directions. I'm not a fan of convertibles - of any make, ever - and don't particularly care for sunroofs or moonroofs. But I find a Targa really appealing. 🤷‍♂️. Build: The Porsche Code

Or step up to Thor's hammer. The Porsche Code

I know 2 years out means a 992.2. Maybe I won't like the redesign. Maybe the Turbo S will be a hybrid - and I don't want to be a guinea pig for that, even if I think Porsche will ultimately get it right. Maybe I'd prefer a straight track toy ( hmm... Cayman GT4 RS ... The Porsche Code ... likely never get an allocation for one)

Or maybe I should wait until I drive the C4GTS.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Been working with my dealer this week to finalize delivery details on my new incoming C4GTS. (The Porsche Code) It's making its way across Canada on a train now, should be taking delivery around the end of January. Getting pretty excited!

And been playing around on the configurator, thinking about the next one... since lead times are so long... why not put in for an allocation if it will take 2 years...

Could go in two different directions. I'm not a fan of convertibles - of any make, ever - and don't particularly care for sunroofs or moonroofs. But I find a Targa really appealing. 🤷‍♂️. Build: The Porsche Code

Or step up to Thor's hammer. The Porsche Code

I know 2 years out means a 992.2. Maybe I won't like the redesign. Maybe the Turbo S will be a hybrid - and I don't want to be a guinea pig for that, even if I think Porsche will ultimately get it right. Maybe I'd prefer a straight track toy ( hmm... Cayman GT4 RS ... The Porsche Code ... likely never get an allocation for one)

Or maybe I should wait until I drive the C4GTS.
Man, you have some major decisions to make!

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
You are all over the map even compared to the current car . Those RS cars are spoken for by now . Turbo S cars are not easy to get if buying new . Thats the one of the batch that I like the most . Unless you are tracking and have some serious skills the RS would be queen hardly driven . The one I dislike is the Targa . Bloated and miss matched . The roof is so heavy its the only GTS that lacks the GTS suspension . Porsche could not add it because the roof weighs that much ( way more than a Cab ) . It also takes an older classic idea and throws it onto a modern body . If someone handed me a Targa for free I would sell it. Id rather have the money than dislike the car I have instead .

· Registered
1,894 Posts
You are all over the map even compared to the current car . Those RS cars are spoken for by now . Turbo S cars are not easy to get if buying new . Thats the one of the batch that I like the most . Unless you are tracking and have some serious skills the RS would be queen hardly driven . The one I dislike is the Targa . Bloated and miss matched . The roof is so heavy its the only GTS that lacks the GTS suspension . Porsche could not add it because the roof weighs that much ( way more than a Cab ) . It also takes an older classic idea and throws it onto a modern body . If someone handed me a Targa for free I would sell it. Id rather have the money than dislike the car I have instead .
Pontiff, how do you know so much about this stuff???

· Registered
1,894 Posts
I have friends who own them , talk to car collectors locally . and read up on each .
My SA gave me two tickets to the Car Show in Harrisburg at the end of the month so the bride and myself always enjoy seeing what’s new. My dealership will be representing Porsche. I’ll take some pics if there’s anything good.

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
I guess I’ve got a fan or two left!
I looked at the car you dove (AWD white ) .I like the way your dealership treats you . Mine is like that with me too. We are very lucky . I have so much to say about tires but I know you have had enough , The cliff notes are .. I do like the 4S Michelin . I knew I would because I had them on my 991. I thought about doing tire review thread . I may go swimming first. Its 51 degrees right now . I am pissed . Pool is heated though .

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You are all over the map even compared to the current car .
All over the place was sort of the point. If I were to trade the GTS in 2 years, it would be for something different. OTOH, if I love the GTS, I'll drive it for years.

A Turbo would be the logical step up from a GTS. The rumored hybridization gives me pause. I've got nothing against EVs, just would want to wait to see how it turns out.

I'm attracted to a Targa, though I realize the driving dynamics are considerably softer, not great for track use. Haven't driven one so don't know if I'd be happy with it.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
All over the place was sort of the point. If I were to trade the GTS in 2 years, it would be for something different. OTOH, if I love the GTS, I'll drive it for years.

A Turbo would be the logical step up from a GTS. The rumored hybridization gives me pause. I've got nothing against EVs, just would want to wait to see how it turns out.

I'm attracted to a Targa, though I realize the driving dynamics are considerably softer, not great for track use. Haven't driven one so don't know if I'd be happy with it.
Makes sense.

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
Makes sense.
I’m not thinking about the next car. I’m enjoying this one. The next one for me will be whatever car tickles my fancy at the time. I don’t know what it will be. I can’t think ahead to a car that hasn’t even been discussed, launched, tested, well priced. Just having this is what’s right for now.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
I’m not thinking about the next car. I’m enjoying this one. The next one for me will be whatever car tickles my fancy at the time. I don’t know what it will be. I can’t think ahead to a car that hasn’t even been discussed, launched, tested, well priced. Just having this is what’s right for now.
That’s how I feel your eminence.

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
My SA said for whatever reason, the TTS was the easiest car for them to get now, they delivered 13 of them last year! The Carrera and the S are the hardest along with Targas.
I have not asked at my dealership. So I have two opposite extremes. A friend of mine who has a turbo Wes told me the above and you’re telling me your dealership says the opposite. I will get back to this after I talk to my guy an update when I hear.

Edit I called him. He explained to me that my friend was correct that there are very few turbo. S vehicles being built. He did not know the reason why only that it’s slim pickings for allocation. He had bass and S Carreras. With the GTS, he said “there are very few”.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts