Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
View attachment 996
Pontiff, do you follow the suggested tire pressure or do you have “sweet spot” numbers you follow?
Tire pressure threads reveal so much diversity in opinion. Most feel that the recommendations are too hard and the dealership overfills tires more so than not. After I got my flat tire recently they set all 4 . It was the exact spec of the owners manual. It took a little getting used to because the suspension is tight but it didn’t take long and I like it.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tire pressure threads reveal so much diversity in opinion. Most feel that the recommendations are too hard and the dealership overfills tires more so than not. After I got my flat tire recently they set all 4 . It was the exact spec of the owners manual. It took a little getting used to because the suspension is tight but it didn’t take long and I like it.
I set them last night to the door sticker so Ill see what they say this am. I had one tire down 4lbs and another off a pound or two…thanks!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I set them last night to the door sticker so Ill see what they say this am. I had one tire down 4lbs and another off a pound or two…thanks!
How does the car ride? I bet it feels a little bit hard. 992 suspension in general is a sweet suspension but it’s more firm than a 991.2 was . It’s not More hard than my 997 on the coil overs. That car is so hard that you could chip a tooth on a pothole.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How does the car ride? I bet it feels a little bit hard. 992 suspension in general is a sweet suspension but it’s more firm than a 991.2 was . It’s not More hard than my 997 on the coil overs. That car is so hard that you could chip a tooth on a pothole.
Damn! I like my teeth! Doing some yard work now then I will check pressure and let you know. Just seemed like high numbers for air pressure but we will see.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Damn! I like my teeth! Doing some yard work now then I will check pressure and let you know. Just seemed like high numbers for air pressure but we will see.
I’m not near my car now but I believe they were settings for a maximum load and a normal load on that sticker. If you put it to the maximum it’ll be too hard. It’s for somebody taking suitcases and two passengers .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts