Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I obviously prefer a new car at MSRP . Theres nothing to argue except for the wait . However with waiting times pushed out as far as two years (or more) I decided to look at used cars just to see what's going on . Granted , the Gt3 and Turbo S are asking outrageous markups but that is not the case with everything else . I particularly zoomed in on the GTS and 4GTS . The range is upper 180's to 230. Average is 190's (asking price) Many of them are CPO and almost all of them have under 3K miles . Many of them have under 500 miles .

I am seeing cars pop up at independent lots that apparently must have been flipped . Others look like the guy bought the car , waited forever to get it , drove it fir a month or two and sold it for. profit to an indy lot who makes even more . We are talking about a 35K ADM in the ask price (negotiable of course) and CPO cars do have some attractiveness .

Some of the 911's started showing up at Honda, Lexus, or Nissan dealerships . Its obvious that even new Hondas are short in supply so dealerships are seeing. achnace to make some real money off the 911 . Even if they undercut a dealership and offer the flipper more they still make a huge profit over selling a Civic . Ask there hold the car longer they get nervous and this is bring everyones prices down .

As some know I am ordering a Macan . I will wait a long time and even if it doesn't happen I can even wait 2024. I am not desperate for a car as my 20 Macan Turbo only has 23K miles .

Most know I hated waiting for a car. Never in my life did I follow the boats waiting fir my car as it travelled . The stress in being the first slot where buyers were throwing around money trying to get them was awful and now look at all the cars . Search auto trader and true cars . They are everywhere !!!

I don't feel that. a car with under 1K mikes is a huge risk and many sellers welcome pre purchase inspection . Remember how some of you guys wanted a manual ? They have BOTH !!!

Theres no shortage ... if a person doesnt want it to be .

Lastly to @Gussie 1 -- I still would wait for that car . It is built to spec at MSRP and nothing used will beat that . However I hear the stress in your posts and I get it . If you were starting out TODAY things would be different and you would have better alternative choices to consider .

·
Registered
76 Posts
I obviously prefer a new car at MSRP . Theres nothing to argue except for the wait . However with waiting times pushed out as far as two years (or more) I decided to look at used cars just to see what's going on . Granted , the Gt3 and Turbo S are asking outrageous markups but that is not the case with everything else . I particularly zoomed in on the GTS and 4GTS . The range is upper 180's to 230. Average is 190's (asking price) Many of them are CPO and almost all of them have under 3K miles . Many of them have under 500 miles .

I am seeing cars pop up at independent lots that apparently must have been flipped . Others look like the guy bought the car , waited forever to get it , drove it fir a month or two and sold it for. profit to an indy lot who makes even more . We are talking about a 35K ADM in the ask price (negotiable of course) and CPO cars do have some attractiveness .

Some of the 911's started showing up at Honda, Lexus, or Nissan dealerships . Its obvious that even new Hondas are short in supply so dealerships are seeing. achnace to make some real money off the 911 . Even if they undercut a dealership and offer the flipper more they still make a huge profit over selling a Civic . Ask there hold the car longer they get nervous and this is bring everyones prices down .

As some know I am ordering a Macan . I will wait a long time and even if it doesn't happen I can even wait 2024. I am not desperate for a car as my 20 Macan Turbo only has 23K miles .

Most know I hated waiting for a car. Never in my life did I follow the boats waiting fir my car as it travelled . The stress in being the first slot where buyers were throwing around money trying to get them was awful and now look at all the cars . Search auto trader and true cars . They are everywhere !!!

I don't feel that. a car with under 1K mikes is a huge risk and many sellers welcome pre purchase inspection . Remember how some of you guys wanted a manual ? They have BOTH !!!

Theres no shortage ... if a person doesnt want it to be .

Lastly to @Gussie 1 -- I still would wait for that car . It is built to spec at MSRP and nothing used will beat that . However I hear the stress in your posts and I get it . If you were starting out TODAY things would be different and you would have better alternative choices to consider .
Great follow up and thank you.
I was sitting in my hot tub this morning looking at my 22 Jeep { wife car) and my 22 Ford Edge compliments of my company and I realized I should shut my mouth.I’ve made a living not accepting NO for an answer and it’s difficult to accept it sometimes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts