Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday and today are the first times I had my car caught in the rain . I loved the heat mode feature . That really shocked me because I don't usually like assistance nannies . It totally engages all the traction mechanisms , tweaked the aerodynamics , and flattened the pedal feel response . IUt really came in nicely as the rain worsened . Unlike other features the driver can ignore it , I did use it. I was wondering is. Emanuel 7 speed has it , What are the thoughts ?

This brief video explains it, Apologies for the awful music but it is short and well explained .

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Yesterday and today are the first times I had my car caught in the rain . I loved the heat mode feature . That really shocked me because I don't usually like assistance nannies . It totally engages all the traction mechanisms , tweaked the aerodynamics , and flattened the pedal feel response . IUt really came in nicely as the rain worsened . Unlike other features the driver can ignore it , I did use it. I was wondering is. Emanuel 7 speed has it , What are the thoughts ?

This brief video explains it, Apologies for the awful music but it is short and well explained .
Never had to use it yet but I’ll keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never had to use it yet but I’ll keep you posted.
There is one member that feels its quite sensitive in his car . I think its perfect in. mine so I photographed the sequence today . Needless to say this is the rainy month where 10 minute downpours occur with pockets of heavy rain .

The first picture shows the rain begin and the car is still in normal mode . After a few moments like that the prompt occurred which then led to a downpour immediately (pic 2 ) . I felt comfident having the feature . The wipers are on high speed and still can't clear the rain .

Car Sky Speedometer Vehicle Steering part

Sky Car Speedometer Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
There is one member that feels its quite sensitive in his car . I think its perfect in. mine so I photographed the sequence today . Needless to say this is the rainy month where 10 minute downpours occur with pockets of heavy rain .

The first picture shows the rain begin and the car is still in normal mode . After a few moments like that the prompt occurred which then led to a downpour immediately (pic 2 ) . I felt comfident having the feature . The wipers are on high speed and still can't clear the rain .

View attachment 749
View attachment 750
Damn! That’s a major rain! We don’t get those sort of downpours hole that often.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

I guess you meant the « wet mode » Larry and not the « heat mode »! LOL! I did drive in the rain and I did use the wet mode with the MT (but not Emmanuel😜). It was nothing like you had in FL but the wipers were working hard.

I made it home safely so the system must work. 😉 Seriously, since I was already driving more conservatively I didn’t notice much, if any difference.

That said, I would think that the precisely matched interventions you described are « particularly effective in the event of sudden changes in direction, spontaneous power requests or on changing road surfaces with different coefficients of friction. » I didn’t experience any of that but was very happy to have that safety measure.

Your question remains. Does the wet mode work as effectively in MT vs PDK?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I guess you meant the « wet mode » Larry and not the « heat mode »! LOL! I did drive in the rain and I did use the wet mode with the MT (but not Emmanuel😜). It was nothing like you had in FL but the wipers were working hard.

I made it home safely so the system must work. 😉 Seriously, since I was already driving more conservatively I didn’t notice much, if any difference.

That said, I would think that the precisely matched interventions you described are « particularly effective in the event of sudden changes in direction, spontaneous power requests or on changing road surfaces with different coefficients of friction. » I didn’t experience any of that but was very happy to have that safety measure.

Your question remains. Does the wet mode work as effectively in MT vs PDK?
Got caught in the rain yesterday. (manual transmission) Seemed to “TONE” things down a bit like throttle response etc.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hey CH

You can find that information on owners manual ;)

View attachment 830

View attachment 831
Thanks @Sousa Faria! We were also trying to see the difference of Wet Mode in the manual transmission vs PDK. I suspect the "changes" to be more evident in PDK since in MT I'm the "computer" that changes gears. LOL! 😛 And I'm VERY cautious during a heavy downpour. 😨 That said, I was surprised to notice the rev-matching in that mode.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks @Sousa Faria! We were also trying to see the difference of Wet Mode in the manual transmission vs PDK. I suspect the "changes" to be more evident in PDK since in MT I'm the "computer" that changes gears. LOL! 😛 And I'm VERY cautious during a heavy downpour. 😨 That said, I was surprised to notice the rev-matching in that mode.
If it works like that :unsure:, that means it needs to be like that :)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
How are you dealing with the heat wave in Portugal. Are the Azores a little bit cooler? I think you live there.

"The temperature of 116.6 F (47 C) recorded in Pinhão, Portugal, on Thursday, July 14, broke the record for the highest temperature ever recorded in the country in July, according to Portugal's meteorological agency, Instituto Português do Mar e da Atmosfera":eek:
Last days have been really hot here😅...climate changes. Maybe I should have opted for an eletric car but I believe it wouldn't be the same, LOL.
I don't live in Azores but it's always fresher than the mainland.

PS:
I really apreciate the knowlegde you have about Portugal (natas, weather) :).

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Last days have been really hot here😅...climate changes. Maybe I should have opted for an eletric car but I believe it wouldn't be the same, LOL.
I don't live in Azores but it's always fresher than the mainland.

PS:
I really apreciate the knowlegde you have about Portugal (natas, weather) :).
I got you mixed up with another member who lives in the Azores Islands. I think @Blacknavigator. 🤔 I remember because I was wondering how he got his 992 from the mainland and how he would service the car without a dealership around. 😅

But now I know you have the best natas! LOL! 😉

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got you mixed up with another member who lives in the Azores Islands. I think @Blacknavigator. 🤔 I remember because I was wondering how he got his 992 from the mainland and how he would service the car without a dealership around. 😅

But now I know you have the best natas! LOL! 😉
Hi there,

As a side note, I bought my 992 in the mainland, but then I retired due to COVID and came to my homeland, Ilha Terceira, Açores.

I didn't want to sell the car and I've asked Porsche if I could keep the warranty, servicing the car in an a general approved service station, and they said yes.

A couple of months ago, I had to change my back tyres and noticed an oil leak near the PDK box. After cleaning it, we found out that it came from the gasket (between the gearbox and the gearbox radiator).

Porsche Assistance took care of the transportation of the car in a container, by sea to Lisbon. After changing the gasket, they realised that a (smaller) leak was still noticed, and so they decided to substitute the whole gearbox radiator. It took 10 days to receive the part, from Germany.

The Porsche service dealer phoned me today saying that the car is now ready to return and so, Porsche Assistance is taking care of the return of the car to the Azores. Although I have only made about 9000kms since its last service, I decide to service the car, 5 months earlier, anyway and bought another two years of warranty.

And so, I expect not to worry about that subject for the next two years and enjoy my 992 here in the Azores!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts