Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday and today are the first times I had my car caught in the rain . I loved the heat mode feature . That really shocked me because I don't usually like assistance nannies . It totally engages all the traction mechanisms , tweaked the aerodynamics , and flattened the pedal feel response . IUt really came in nicely as the rain worsened . Unlike other features the driver can ignore it , I did use it. I was wondering is. Emanuel 7 speed has it , What are the thoughts ?

This brief video explains it, Apologies for the awful music but it is short and well explained .

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yesterday and today are the first times I had my car caught in the rain . I loved the heat mode feature . That really shocked me because I don't usually like assistance nannies . It totally engages all the traction mechanisms , tweaked the aerodynamics , and flattened the pedal feel response . IUt really came in nicely as the rain worsened . Unlike other features the driver can ignore it , I did use it. I was wondering is. Emanuel 7 speed has it , What are the thoughts ?

This brief video explains it, Apologies for the awful music but it is short and well explained .
Never had to use it yet but I’ll keep you posted.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never had to use it yet but I’ll keep you posted.
There is one member that feels its quite sensitive in his car . I think its perfect in. mine so I photographed the sequence today . Needless to say this is the rainy month where 10 minute downpours occur with pockets of heavy rain .

The first picture shows the rain begin and the car is still in normal mode . After a few moments like that the prompt occurred which then led to a downpour immediately (pic 2 ) . I felt comfident having the feature . The wipers are on high speed and still can't clear the rain .

Car Sky Speedometer Vehicle Steering part

Sky Car Speedometer Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
700 Posts
There is one member that feels its quite sensitive in his car . I think its perfect in. mine so I photographed the sequence today . Needless to say this is the rainy month where 10 minute downpours occur with pockets of heavy rain .

The first picture shows the rain begin and the car is still in normal mode . After a few moments like that the prompt occurred which then led to a downpour immediately (pic 2 ) . I felt comfident having the feature . The wipers are on high speed and still can't clear the rain .

View attachment 749
View attachment 750
Damn! That’s a major rain! We don’t get those sort of downpours hole that often.

·
Registered
455 Posts

I guess you meant the « wet mode » Larry and not the « heat mode »! LOL! I did drive in the rain and I did use the wet mode with the MT (but not Emmanuel😜). It was nothing like you had in FL but the wipers were working hard.

I made it home safely so the system must work. 😉 Seriously, since I was already driving more conservatively I didn’t notice much, if any difference.

That said, I would think that the precisely matched interventions you described are « particularly effective in the event of sudden changes in direction, spontaneous power requests or on changing road surfaces with different coefficients of friction. » I didn’t experience any of that but was very happy to have that safety measure.

Your question remains. Does the wet mode work as effectively in MT vs PDK?

·
Registered
700 Posts
I guess you meant the « wet mode » Larry and not the « heat mode »! LOL! I did drive in the rain and I did use the wet mode with the MT (but not Emmanuel😜). It was nothing like you had in FL but the wipers were working hard.

I made it home safely so the system must work. 😉 Seriously, since I was already driving more conservatively I didn’t notice much, if any difference.

That said, I would think that the precisely matched interventions you described are « particularly effective in the event of sudden changes in direction, spontaneous power requests or on changing road surfaces with different coefficients of friction. » I didn’t experience any of that but was very happy to have that safety measure.

Your question remains. Does the wet mode work as effectively in MT vs PDK?
Got caught in the rain yesterday. (manual transmission) Seemed to “TONE” things down a bit like throttle response etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts