Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few know that I have a Macan on order . My price is 111K . I replied to a post where a guy was struggling with a budget build so I built an "essential only" Macan GTS at 88K . So that shows I have 23K of fluff . With my 992 GTS it was even worse . My poverty build spec came out to 147K and my highest build was 173K . These are 22 prices as they are higher now but stats 26K of fluff .

The fluff can range . For instance on. my 992 I didn't have to put PCCB and Carbon fiber roof but I love having it. Those two options alone were 14K . My poverty spec had steel roof and steel brakes . It did have full leather . It even. had metallic color where for instance on the Macan essential post I picked flat white . Int fact I saved enough money buying flat white pr black Porsches to pay a nice chunk of a car. My 992 was my 19th and the Macan is my 20th Porsche . Out of 20 only 6 were metallic and this chalk car is my first "special " color . 14 cars were flat (mostly white.) .

The first three were not even full leather so you can only imagine what I may have felt blowing 9K for the GTS interior . .

When young I was much more willing to sacrifice . I had a long life ahead plus I was not broke nit buying a car out of my range . At 64 though the party can't go on forever and a lot of people my age do die so I. am less eager ti quibble over the expenses . I still, drew the line at insanity . I did not get PTS on a Macan or a 911.

So what was your range ..lowest to highest .. and where did you end up ?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not want to talk about it…..
Lol. I understand. When a new car is launched what I usually do is merely go to the configurator in build a modest build. I try to start out with the leanest build. Then I start adding to it. I have found overtime the range can become tremendous between that essential build and the one that has everything. It wasn’t until I built that Macan did I realize how that essential car this every bit is capable as a $23,000 more car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts