Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bonjour/Hi! ;)

I don't see a single post on the Canadian 992 Forum! Hmm...

Anyways, after starting a thread as a new member, I now want to reach my fellow Montreal Porsche enthusiasts and see if others have been waiting for 10 months for an allocation? My deposit was made in January 2021 and still no allocation in sight! :(

CH61

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bonjour/Hi! ;)

Anyways, after starting a thread as a new member, I now want to reach my fellow Montreal Porsche enthusiasts and see if others have been waiting for 10 months for an allocation? My deposit was made in January 2021 and still no allocation in sight! :(

CH61
Good day CH,

Well if Ontario Porsche enthusiasts count, I am here! Welcome. I am a new member as well and just put down my deposit last week. Not sure what your dealer is telling you but mine said to expect a delivery date estimate of summer 2023 (pretty much 2 years) and even later for the 718 mid engine variants!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good day CH,

Well if Ontario Porsche enthusiasts count, I am here! Welcome. I am a new member as well and just put down my deposit last week. Not sure what your dealer is telling you but mine said to expect a delivery date estimate of summer 2023 (pretty much 2 years) and even later for the 718 mid engine variants!
Hello, my fellow Canadian!

Times are indeed pretty rough for all Porsche enthusiasts. More so for North Americans as Porsche seems to deliver more cars in other countries. You can skip Nick Murray's silliness in this video and jump directly to 04:25 minutes.

Your dealer is honest and transparent. I think mine just didn't know what was coming back in January 2021 and that would explain the multiple postponments and my subsequent paranoia. (see my new member thread). They are now saying about 2 years before delivery. Since I made my deposit almost a year ago, I am naively hopefull for next summer. In the meantime, I'm making my wife crazy! :sneaky:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, my fellow Canadian!

Times are indeed pretty rough for all Porsche enthusiasts. More so for North Americans as Porsche seems to deliver more cars in other countries. You can skip Nick Murray's silliness in this video and jump directly to 04:25 minutes.

Your dealer is honest and transparent. I think mine just didn't know what was coming back in January 2021 and that would explain the multiple postponments and my subsequent paranoia. (see my new member thread). They are now saying about 2 years before delivery. Since I made my deposit almost a year ago, I am naively hopefull for next summer. In the meantime, I'm making my wife crazy! :sneaky:
Yeah that sounds pretty consistent from what my dealer was saying. I've come across a couple of Nick's videos and I think he does know what he's talking about. Apparently the Chinese market is huge and I guess you can't blame them for allocating where there is a huge profit margin I suppose. Still can't figure out how the North American dealers can survive selling so few cars but I guess that's another discussion. I like to look at it like we're in line for something really special and it will be that much more sweet once we take delivery! And with supply dwindling and the oncoming of electrification, our cars will be that much more valuable in 4-5 years.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that sounds pretty consistent from what my dealer was saying. I've come across a couple of Nick's videos and I think he does know what he's talking about. Apparently the Chinese market is huge and I guess you can't blame them for allocating where there is a huge profit margin I suppose. Still can't figure out how the North American dealers can survive selling so few cars but I guess that's another discussion. I like to look at it like we're in line for something really special and it will be that much more sweet once we take delivery! And with supply dwindling and the oncoming of electrification, our cars will be that much more valuable in 4-5 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bonjour/Hi! ;)

CH61
Hello fellow Canadian
I ordered my new 911 at the end of May and took deliver November 9th. Maybe I just got lucky with My dealer (winnipeg) allocation.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello fellow Canadian
I ordered my new 911 at the end of May and took deliver November 9th. Maybe I just got lucky with My dealer (winnipeg) allocation.
Hello Theodore! I'm so happy for you (and a little jealous ;)). Congrats! 🥂 You certainly are a very lucky "Winnipegger". At least from my standpoint since I don't even have an allocation after 10 months! I know it depends on a lot of factors like the size of dealership (mine is supposed to be a big one), models for which they receive the allocations, etc. For instance, my dealership just got a "bunch" of allocations (who knows how many?) ...but mostly for the 911 GTS model...I was told! Hmm...And I'm on the waiting list for a Cabriolet S.

My point was that clients are kept in the dark as far as how many allocations they get and for which models. The running gag was that "everyone was told they were second in line"! LOL! Even if the GM doesn't know what's coming to him, I thought it would be good practice to let me know how many cars he's getting and for which models. Instead, everything seemed very secretive to the point that I was suspecting people going in front of me: VIP clients, etc. But my SA swore that they wouldn't jeopardize their reputation by doing such a thing. Hmm. Who knows? The client just waits and if it wasn't for me calling, writing and texting regularly, I wouldn't have been given the time of day! That's what I didn't like from a reputable company that wishes to keep it's repeat customer loyal to the brand! And I have bought a few Porsches before. And from the same dealer.

Can you feel my frustration? Ha! Ha! Don't worry, I started therapy and will be doing better soon. :p Will you be driving your 911 this winter and if so I imagine you got the 4 wheel drive? Share your build if you want.

Congratulations again and drive safe!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I certainly can understand your frustration. I got a 911 s Cabriolet ( I wanted the manual transmission and it only comes in the s model now). I Will not be driving it this winter and only get to look at it in my garage for the next few months which is also frustrating. I wanted to get it before the end of the year in case Trudeau moves ahead with his 20% luxury tax on vehicles over $100,000.00

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I certainly can understand your frustration. I got a 911 s Cabriolet ( I wanted the manual transmission and it only comes in the s model now). I Will not be driving it this winter and only get to look at it in my garage for the next few months which is also frustrating. I wanted to get it before the end of the year in case Trudeau moves ahead with his 20% luxury tax on vehicles over $100,000.00
Same here, I wanted 3 pedals and a stick so the 992 S cabriolet was also the model for me. I always put in storage my previous roadsters (Boxster 2008 and Boxster 2013). Sold the 2013 almost the same price I paid for it in 2016! Crazy times! Guess I can't have it both ways. As for the Trudeau luxury tax, I don't think I'll be able to avoid it (it has been adopted): 20% of the retail sale price above $100,000 or 10% of the retail sale price of car. :mad: Here is my build. I didn't do the math yet!!! :unsure:

PNTPYQ73
The Porsche Code

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same here, I wanted 3 pedals and a stick so the 992 S cabriolet was also the model for me. I always put in storage my previous roadsters (Boxster 2008 and Boxster 2013). Sold the 2013 almost the same price I paid for it in 2016! Crazy times! Guess I can't have it both ways. As for the Trudeau luxury tax, I don't think I'll be able to avoid it (it has been adopted): 20% of the retail sale price above $100,000 or 10% of the retail sale price of car. :mad: Here is my build. I didn't do the math yet!!! :unsure:

PNTPYQ73
The Porsche Code
Well i specifically wanted the MT as well so that makes 3 of us (are you listening Porsche?) so it's the Carrera 2S for me! I thought that tax was currently only "proposed" and needs to pass through legislation? In any case, i'm not sure what is worse, waiting like us without a build date or picking up a car in Nov in Canada! Hahaha

·
Registered
6 Posts

PNTPYQ73
The Porsche Code

PNTPYQ73
The Porsche Code
[/QUOTE
That’s a nice build
I couldn’t post my Porsche code because the colour I ordered ( Night Blue Metallic) is no longer available as an option and the code came up invalid for this reason. I also added the spyder wheels in satin black with black interior but same options as yours less the Porsche crest in headrest and tail pipes in black.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Porsche's Night Blue Metallic is a beautiful and classic color. It will become a unique and rare good now that it's no longer available! 😕 Personally, I know I'm playing with fire with the Gentian as it seems to have 50 shades of blue, going from a royal blue to a darker blue and even looks purply in some sorts of lights! 😏 And I'm living even more dangerously with the light grey interior. :oops:LOL!

But I'm so happy to find 2 other manual transmission enthusiasts. I had the impression to be alone as just about everybody now chooses the PDK. And I hope Porsche listens to @Als992 and eventually offers it on it's base model. Coming from a base Boxster, the 992 Carrera with it's 379 HP and 332 lb-ft of torque would have been plenty for me. And I do believe that "less is more" and that you can have more fun when you get to push the engine a little bit to get the most out of it. Everybody likes that extra power but it's getting to the point where these enormously powerful engines are distracting from the enjoyment of driving a sports car. But the S comes with better brakes and Porsche Torque Vectoring which is essential on a rear wheel drive IMO.

You guys must have seen those 2 videos celebrating the 992 manual transmission. If you haven't, ENJOY!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Porsche's Night Blue Metallic is a beautiful and classic color. It will become a unique and rare good now that it's no longer available! 😕 Personally, I know I'm playing with fire with the Gentian as it seems to have 50 shades of blue, going from a royal blue to a darker blue and even looks purply in some sorts of lights! 😏 And I'm living even more dangerously with the light grey interior. :oops:LOL!

But I'm so happy to find 2 other manual transmission enthusiasts. I had the impression to be alone as just about everybody now chooses the PDK. And I hope Porsche listens to @Als992 and eventually offers it on it's base model. Coming from a base Boxster, the 992 Carrera with it's 379 HP and 332 lb-ft of torque would have been plenty for me. And I do believe that "less is more" and that you can have more fun when you get to push the engine a little bit to get the most out of it. Everybody likes that extra power but it's getting to the point where these enormously powerful engines are distracting from the enjoyment of driving a sports car. But the S comes with better brakes and Porsche Torque Vectoring which is essential on a rear wheel drive IMO.

You guys must have seen those 2 videos celebrating the 992 manual transmission. If you haven't, ENJOY!

Yeah those are 2 great builds. I love the look of your Gentian with the slate grey/chalk interior but I'd be too worried to wear jeans. Night blue was on my short list too, but guess that won't happen. I'm going completely different (as of now) with GT Silver over Black/Bordeau leather with Carrera Classic wheels.

I do agree that it's more fun to drive a slower car fast rather than a fast car slow, but I love the engagment with an MT and don't need that extra 1/2 sec 0-60.

Yeah saw those videos. Makes me want mine now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah those are 2 great builds. I love the look of your Gentian with the slate grey/chalk interior but I'd be too worried to wear jeans. Night blue was on my short list too, but guess that won't happen. I'm going completely different (as of now) with GT Silver over Black/Bordeau leather with Carrera Classic wheels.

I do agree that it's more fun to drive a slower car fast rather than a fast car slow, but I love the engagment with an MT and don't need that extra 1/2 sec 0-60.

I had a 2014 911 in silver and loved it that is also a great choice.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

As I recall, GT Silver was intoduced on the Carrera GT - so that's a royal lineage. GT Silver is an absolute classic. But since we both have lots of time before our lock date, what about Dolomite Silver? I've read pages and pages of discussions comparing the two. Like Rhodium and Polar Silver before it, it has a blue hue in it. This being said, I also prefer GT. Especially over with Black/Bordeau leather with Carrera Classic wheels, it's a fantastic combo!

·
Registered
6 Posts
As I recall, GT Silver was intoduced on the Carrera GT - so that's a royal lineage. GT Silver is an absolute classic. But since we both have lots of time before our lock date, what about Dolomite Silver? I've read pages and pages of discussions comparing the two. Like Rhodium and Polar Silver before it, it has a blue hue in it. This being said, I also prefer GT. Especially over with Black/Bordeau leather with Carrera Classic wheels, it's a fantastic combo!
Mine was the rhodium in the picture, couldn’t remember what it was called….old age I guess

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine was the rhodium in the picture, couldn’t remember what it was called….old age I guess
Truth be told, the difference is not easy to see on a pic. In this one "Dolomite surrounded by 2 GT Silvers. Rhodium Silver is nose to nose"

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't think there's a wrong answer here! I want my look to be a bit more "classic" and figure the red interior spices it up as I love it on my Audi S4 at the moment. My SA told me GT Silver used to be at a hefty premium $$ so yes, may have trickled down from the Carrera GT. There certainly is lineage here. There are so many directions you can go!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I don't think there's a wrong answer here! I want my look to be a bit more "classic" and figure the red interior spices it up as I love it on my Audi S4 at the moment. My SA told me GT Silver used to be at a hefty premium $$ so yes, may have trickled down from the Carrera GT. There certainly is lineage here. There are so many directions you can go!
It's like being in a candy store! All colors are nice, except maybe...RACING YELLOW! 😅 LOL! I test drove a Lizard GREEN 911 S (Now Python green) that I found stunning...for a day! It was available as a CPO...but PDK (and not a Cab). All the "younger" guys at the dealership were admiring the "Lizard".

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK! Enough about colors. I have a question regarding the PASM Sport suspension (Lowered 10 mm), an option that just about everybody gets but that I didn't check even if it's part of a "package" and very reasonably priced.. As you know, the PASM is standard on the 992 so that option is just for the 10 mm lowering. So the debate is about the cosmetic and the slight handling improvement vs the decrease in ride comfort. Is the difference in suspension travel worth it? "Everybody" seems to think so. I believe the car will still handle great and be a little more comfortable without the Sport Suspension. And you?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts