Porsche 992 Forum banner
201 - 220 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Both of my spots have EV chargers but the whole parking garage (other than storage lockers) has no electrical outlets! Go figure. Apparently, that is standard in condo parking garages. If there only was a way to draw power from the EV charger….

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Both of my spots have EV chargers but the whole parking garage (other than storage lockers) has no electrical outlets! Go figure. Apparently, that is standard in condo parking garages. If there only was a way to draw power from the EV charger….
Does the garage have lights? Can you consult an electrician who can install something?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Wtf! Never heard of an outlet being out of code. Sounds like you might need to call the dealer or find a back up storage spot. If you can’t maybe battery removal is the only choice.
Code meaning altering with existing wiring. My dealer has storage facility. He seems to think that once the battery reaches 10v it goes to deep sleep. But has enough power to start the car. He believes I can just leave the car the way it is. The internet seem to think differently. Plus, why was there a tender in my frunk when I picked up the car🤔

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Code meaning altering with existing wiring. My dealer has storage facility. He seems to think that once the battery reaches 10v it goes to deep sleep. But has enough power to start the car. He believes I can just leave the car the way it is. The internet seem to think differently. Plus, why was there a tender in my frunk when I picked up the car🤔
Interesting, I’d be nervous letting the battery drain that low. It might not be the same after that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I never start the car over the winter as instructed. I believe that only builds up condensation. Plug it in, gas up and I cover mine unless I want to take a peek at her! Thats one heck of a storage place Chuck! If you get parked in there you are really forced to keep it there! View attachment 1267
View attachment 1266
Bobby it looks like your garage has no epoxy floor.
Is it made of concrete only? Therefore do you wash your car inside of your garage?
My garage has one drain but no epoxy , only concrete. I was worrying whether its ok to wash the Porsche inside

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Yes to EV charging station. I texted the company asking about it. Will call them later they are in CA
The whole problem of billing for electricity in condo towers garages has always been up for debate. But with new technology and personnal charging stations, I guess it's changing. That's what my brother tells me. He noticed 5-6 cars stored and covered with a power cord plugged in at his place. But not every spot has one. Geezz!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Bobby it looks like your garage has no epoxy floor.
Is it made of concrete only? Therefore do you wash your car inside of your garage?
My garage has one drain but no epoxy , only concrete. I was worrying whether its ok to wash the Porsche inside
No epoxy floor just concrete and no drain. I never wash my car just detail spray, no fuss no muss!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
I never start the car over the winter as instructed. I believe that only builds up condensation. Plug it in, gas up and I cover mine unless I want to take a peek at her! Thats one heck of a storage place Chuck! If you get parked in there you are really forced to keep it there! View attachment 1267
View attachment 1266
It doesn't move all winter and that's fine by me, don't want it to see salt or gravel. But the poor guy goes literally crazy when ALL his clients want their cars at the same time in the spring. Usually, the same sunny week-end !!!! LOL! He has another facility where he can store more than a 100 cars with more space.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
It doesn't move all winter and that's fine by me, don't want it to see salt or gravel. But the poor guy goes literally crazy when ALL his clients want their cars at the same time in the spring. Usually, the same sunny week-end !!!! LOL! He has another facility where he can store more than a 100 cars with more space.
I was thinking it has to be a nightmare moving them all around!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
No epoxy floor just concrete and no drain. I never wash my car just detail spray, no fuss no muss!
I don't know how you do it Bobby. After a couple of rainy days the 911 gets really dirty and washing it is much easier for me. 15 minutes ans it's done. I find waterless washing takes more time and good for in between washes when i have just a little bit of dust. I don't use a brush like Nick :eek: in this video but have bought the car wash and rapid dry towels he recommends. They do a great job.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I don't know how you do it Bobby. After a couple of rainy days the 911 gets really dirty and washing it is much easier for me. 15 minutes ans it's done. I find waterless washing takes more time and good for in between washes when i have just a little bit of dust. I don't use a brush like Nick :eek: in this video but have bought the car wash and rapid dry towels he recommends. They do a great job.

It’s therapy for me! Only takes 10 minutes and no buckets!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
201 - 220 of 242 Posts