Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I think I'll start a new post with that question. You can share your answer here or on the new post. I find people shy with little reponses on most posts (except for us Canadians! LOL!) I hope that this forum lights up a little bit or that more Canadians join us!!!! ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ll join in with a few comments.put deposit down last Sep and told I may get a build spot [C4cab] but no guarantee. Thankfully I got a Feb build and in April the Gentian Blue beauty was delivered to my door 1400km away in a closed container!
Cold here in the Arctic -40C, find the Pirelli Zero run flats are very harsh and ride is “jiggly” [19”/20”] much more so than my summer P Zeros RS SPider 20/21”,any one else notice this?
Also odd warning flashes up “oil level too high, driving allowed, get service”
I have not touched the oil at all.
Any comments?
Mac

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I’ll join in with a few comments.put deposit down last Sep and told I may get a build spot [C4cab] but no guarantee. Thankfully I got a Feb build and in April the Gentian Blue beauty was delivered to my door 1400km away in a closed container!
Cold here in the Arctic -40C, find the Pirelli Zero run flats are very harsh and ride is “jiggly” [19”/20”] much more so than my summer P Zeros RS SPider 20/21”,any one else notice this?
Also odd warning flashes up “oil level too high, driving allowed, get service”
I have not touched the oil at all.
Any comments?
Mac
Driving a 911 in the Artic! Now that's what I call the true Canadian spirit! FANTASTIC! Shame on me for not considering driving a 911 here in Montreal, just shy of the 46th parallel (I think).

By "last" September, you mean 2020 and a delivery April 2021. You got in line just in time. Congrats Mac! Things have changed drastically beginning of 2021 with allocation shortages. I'm still waiting! 😕

Very happy you mention your Gentian Blue "beauty" since I picked that same color not without some apprehension. With all the pics I've seen, I call it the 50 shades of blue (depending on the lighting! Send a pic if you can.

Unfortunately, I can't help with the oil level flashing light. Sensors are definitely very sensitive. It'd be different if you just did an oil change and it came up, but the fact that you've been driving on the same oil, you should be fine IMO. But what do I know? They fill it to the top at the factory, but then after driving, the oil volume can expand and tip the sensor. Hmm. The risk of going to the dealer to suction out some oil (or doing it yourself) is that once the oil settles down (from excess humidity and what-not) you might actually get a low oil level warning. Is your dealer 1400 km away? :unsure:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bonjour/Hi! ;)

I don't see a single post on the Canadian 992 Forum! Hmm...

Anyways, after starting a thread as a new member, I now want to reach my fellow Montreal Porsche enthusiasts and see if others have been waiting for 10 months for an allocation? My deposit was made in January 2021 and still no allocation in sight! :(

CH61

·
Registered
8 Posts
Joined today…live in the Vancouve area and have an allocation for my first 911 (4S GST) with delivery April/May.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Joined today…live in the Vancouve area and have an allocation for my first 911 (4S GST) with delivery April/May.
Welcome and CONGRATS @Toolguy. Loved visiting Vancouver. What a beautiful city.

May I ask when did you place your order and the delay before getting your allocation/build date/delivery date? In January it'll be 12 months for me on the %?&$ waiting list here in Montreal! 😩 I'm waiting for a 911 2S cab allocation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome and CONGRATS @Toolguy. Loved visiting Vancouver. What a beautiful city.

May I ask when did you place your order and the delay before getting your allocation/build date/delivery date? In January it'll be 12 months for me on the %?&$ waiting list here in Montreal! 😩 I'm waiting for a 911 2S cab allocation.
I actually placed my deposit well over 12 months ago as I was not in a rush and I wanted to wait until they announced the GTS. I was surprised to get a call saying my allocation was ready as the GTS only recently was announced, Seems like it is a long wait for everyone at the moment. You will enjoy it once it arrives but the wait is tough if you are in a rush, not to mention there are no discounts.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I actually placed my deposit well over 12 months ago as I was not in a rush and I wanted to wait until they announced the GTS. I was surprised to get a call saying my allocation was ready as the GTS only recently was announced, Seems like it is a long wait for everyone at the moment. You will enjoy it once it arrives but the wait is tough if you are in a rush, not to mention there are no discounts.
Thanks for the info. You were probably ahead in the queue and I have the impression that dealers have received more GTS allocations than other models (despite the new release). It was the case of my dealer last November. He actually got a few GTS alllocations but not even one 2S Cabs! Go figure.

I'm in no rush even if I already traded my Boxster...and that the 992 was supposed to be my 60th Bday gift. :confused: Anyways, my wife already advised me that it'll be my gift for my 60th, 61, 62, 63, 64 and 65th! LOL!

In the meantime, I started building a 911 that I gor for Xmas... in 1456 LEGO pieces (see pic)! Should keep me busy for a while...

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Driving a 911 in the Artic! Now that's what I call the true Canadian spirit! FANTASTIC! Shame on me for not considering driving a 911 here in Montreal, just shy of the 46th parallel (I think).

By "last" September, you mean 2020 and a delivery April 2021. You got in line just in time. Congrats Mac! Things have changed drastically beginning of 2021 with allocation shortages. I'm still waiting! 😕

Very happy you mention your Gentian Blue "beauty" since I picked that same color not without some apprehension. With all the pics I've seen, I call it the 50 shades of blue (depending on the lighting! Send a pic if you can.

Unfortunately, I can't help with the oil level flashing light. Sensors are definitely very sensitive. It'd be different if you just did an oil change and it came up, but the fact that you've been driving on the same oil, you should be fine IMO. But what do I know? They fill it to the top at the factory, but then after driving, the oil volume can expand and tip the sensor. Hmm. The risk of going to the dealer to suction out some oil (or doing it yourself) is that once the oil settles down (from excess humidity and what-not) you might actually get a low oil level warning. Is your dealer 1400 km away? :unsure:
Yes in Edmonton, I am in Yellowknife, 62.45Degrees North,its 570 km to the Alberta border at 60th parallel.
Thanks for the tip about the oil, I am leaving it alone !
I visited the dealer in August, not with the 992,had to take my wife’s Audi RS3 for a much overdue service.
There was not a single 992 on the lot ! ZERO! He told me of 7 Cayman GT4 orders they got 1 !!
It is absolutely worth the wait, and the price,as they are in such demand the resale [residual] value is excellent.
Mac

·
Registered
8 Posts
Colour choice has been a tough one (between Chalk and GT Metallic Silver) however I think I will go with Chalk. will be a the dealer today to finalize the options. below is what I am considering. PN72YJG6. Hopefully the link will work or can use the build code.

[/URL]

Open to any comments over the next few hours before I lock it in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Colour choice has been a tough one (between Chalk and GT Metallic Silver) however I think I will go with Chalk. will be a the dealer today to finalize the options. below is what I am considering. PN72YJG6. Hopefully the link will work or can use the build code.

[/URL]

Wow, lots of options…..but you have to have the manual transmission….lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not a sports car unless it’s manual…
Did you look at the build with the spider wheels
Not a sports car unless it’s manual…
that’s a big jump in price from the metallic colours to special colours (chalk) !!
did you look at the spyder wheels? I ordered them on mine and they look awesome, but I realize it’s a personal choice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you look at the build with the spider wheels

that’s a big jump in price from the metallic colours to special colours (chalk) !!
did you look at the spyder wheels? I ordered them on mine and they look awesome, but I realize it’s a personal choice.
I did look at the Spyder wheels but still perfer the CL although both are great looking.

·
Registered
23 Posts

[/URL]

Gorgeous, I like you, go back and forth between chalk and GT Silver. Funny how GTS is a $4k option on a GT4 but not on my Carrera S....Porsche math.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts