Porsche 992 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey I took delivery of the car.
It was a special moment and sadly its raining for a while in BC.
Prepare yourself to attempt 1-2h for paperwork.
The price of the insurance got me there (8,000$)
Otherwise I m happy ☺
View attachment 667
View attachment 669
View attachment 668
Wow, thats a sweet looking ride. Are you happy with all of your choices? This weather is awful and i sure hope it clears and warms up soon. You must be extremely excited. Drive careful in this wet weather and enjoy. I did some insurance checking already and mine will cost no more that any other car we have owned (~$2500). Of course this is based on good driving record.
I really cannot stand the 1 to 2 hours of paperwork. I am doing everything ahead of time to make sure I can limit my time at the dealer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow, thats a sweet looking ride. Are you happy with all of your choices? This weather is awful and i sure hope it clears and warms up soon. You must be extremely excited. Drive careful in this wet weather and enjoy. I did some insurance checking already and mine will cost no more that any other car we have owned (~$2500). Of course this is based on good driving record.
I really cannot stand the 1 to 2 hours of paperwork. I am doing everything ahead of time to make sure I can limit my time at the dealer.
I cant realize because it is my first Porsche and first car in Canada so it will require some time to really understand the dream hahaha.
I send the car tomorrow to the ppf and might plug the dashcam next week. I will make this 911 busy for a while as the weather is so bad.
I was quite worried about the stiffness of the car but it seems to be alright in Vancouver (so far).

·
Registered
43 Posts
I cant realize because it is my first Porsche and first car in Canada so it will require some time to really understand the dream hahaha.
I send the car tomorrow to the ppf and might plug the dashcam next week. I will make this 911 busy for a while as the weather is so bad.
I was quite worried about the stiffness of the car but it seems to be alright in Vancouver (so far).
Great car for a first in Canada. Where were you previously living?
I am having the dealer do the PPF (front portions and rockers only). Where are you getting yours done? Cost?
Did you purchase any of the dealers other items?
My first job will be to get my radar detector mounted and wired. I need to find someone to do the wiring.
Glad to hear your comment on the suspension as I have been wondering the same (need to keep the wife happy too). I know the GT3 are much stiffer and the GTS seems to sit in the middle so I think we will be happy.
The guards red sure looks nice!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Great car for a first in Canada. Where were you previously living?
I am having the dealer do the PPF (front portions and rockers only). Where are you getting yours done? Cost?
Did you purchase any of the dealers other items?
My first job will be to get my radar detector mounted and wired. I need to find someone to do the wiring.
Glad to hear your comment on the suspension as I have been wondering the same (need to keep the wife happy too). I know the GT3 are much stiffer and the GTS seems to sit in the middle so I think we will be happy.
The guards red sure looks nice!
What kind of items? If you refer to the goodies, they offered me bunch of things inside of the porsche motorsport bag.
What does your radar do that google maps doesnt do about radar ? Im interested.
I will do the ppf full front + extended rockers for 3400$ with the ceramic coating.
I used to own M cars before and I think it was stiffer than the 911.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What kind of items? If you refer to the goodies, they offered me bunch of things inside of the porsche motorsport bag.
What does your radar do that google maps doesnt do about radar ? Im interested.
I will do the ppf full front + extended rockers for 3400$ with the ceramic coating.
I used to own M cars before and I think it was stiffer than the 911.
My last M car was a 2007 M5 V10 507hp. Wonderful car.
Who is doing the PPF and ceramic coating? I would like to find a place for the ceramic coating as the dealer is way too much.
Always like to have a radar detector. Uniden R8 is the newest. I have the Uniden R7 plus a Valentine V1 Gen 2. Considering laser jammer but i think too much to spend so likely wont. Go to www.valentine1.com and you can see as an example.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My last M car was a 2007 M5 V10 507hp. Wonderful car.
Who is doing the PPF and ceramic coating? I would like to find a place for the ceramic coating as the dealer is way too much.
Always like to have a radar detector. Uniden R8 is the newest. I have the Uniden R7 plus a Valentine V1 Gen 2. Considering laser jammer but i think too much to spend so likely wont. Go to www.valentine1.com and you can see as an example.
But you did not tell me about the advantage of this detector compared to a gps like google maps or waze?
For the ppf I go to Pearls auto in Vancouver.
I heard autowerke in Surrey is good but it takes a month to have a spot.
So I went for the first option as they take me quickly.

61 - 80 of 127 Posts