Porsche 992 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
But you did not tell me about the advantage of this detector compared to a gps like google maps or waze?
For the ppf I go to Pearls auto in Vancouver.
I heard autowerke in Surrey is good but it takes a month to have a spot.
So I went for the first option as they take me quickly.
The radar detector picks up the signal from th actual radar gun in real time. Waze would be only reading info that another user has inputted and showing what they saw and where. The location could still be valid or the radar may have moved to another location. Hope this maLES sense??

·
Registered
41 Posts
The radar detector picks up the signal from th actual radar gun in real time. Waze would be only reading info that another user has inputted and showing what they saw and where. The location could still be valid or the radar may have moved to another location. Hope this maLES sense??
Ok I see . Then I will consider to get this!
I just finished to drive my gts and I can see maybe this GTS needs to get some grills to protect the radiator like this : Porsche 911 992 GTS/ Sports Design Front (left and right) Radiator Grilles | Radiator Grill Store

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Hey I took delivery of the car.
It was a special moment and sadly its raining for a while in BC.
Prepare yourself to attempt 1-2h for paperwork.
The price of the insurance got me there (8,000$)
Otherwise I m happy ☺
View attachment 667
View attachment 669
View attachment 668
Congrats @Nykeeo! Love it. Mine has left Emden. ETA Halifax May 12. Then probably at least a couple of weeks to transport to Montreal.

Just wanted to say that your Insurance Premium sounds astronomical!!!! 😱 Did you shop around?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats @Nykeeo! Love it. Mine has left Emden. ETA Halifax May 12. Then probably at least a couple of weeks to transport to Montreal.

Just wanted to say that your Insurance Premium sounds astronomical!!!! 😱 Did you shop around?
Not really . I understand nothing about insurance and the paperwork s part of the delivery day gaves me headaches . Its the kind of part u want to skip asap.
🤣

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Not really . I understand nothing about insurance and the paperwork s part of the delivery day gaves me headaches . Its the kind of part u want to skip asap.
🤣
I guess that your high premium has to do with the fact that it's your first car in Canada. And without a driving record and "local" driving experience, they're hitting you hard! It's like if you were 16 again!!! 😅 The good news is that your insurance should go down from now on...if you drive safe! ;)

81 - 100 of 127 Posts