Porsche 992 Forum banner
161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
It was awesome. My 2022 s is in the front and my old 2018 is in the back, a friend of mine bought it from me and then joined us on our trip. It drives great and there are definitely some differences, the S has a notably difference in power but the one thing I really didn’t like was being in sport mode and having the engine rev automatically when down shifting, it’s just kinda weird. Got to try out the wet mode a lot as we had a fair amount of rain

·
Registered
858 Posts
It was awesome. My 2022 s is in the front and my old 2018 is in the back, a friend of mine bought it from me and then joined us on our trip. It drives great and there are definitely some differences, the S has a notably difference in power but the one thing I really didn’t like was being in sport mode and having the engine rev automatically when down shifting, it’s just kinda weird. Got to try out the wet mode a lot as we had a fair amount of rain
Looks like you both had a great ride and trip…great looking car!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Your road trip is on my bucket list!😉

I like the auto-rev feature as it makes me feel like a heal-toe professional! LOL! I found this article about the possibility of disengaging it in sport and sport + modes. Let me know if you understand it. 🙃

·
Registered
858 Posts

I like the auto-rev feature as it makes me feel like a heal-toe professional! LOL! I found this article about the possibility of disengaging it in sport and sport + modes. Let me know if you understand it. 🙃

I luuuuuuuv the “rev blip” in my 992 For the same reason and its also less jerky when I have my 86 year old mother in the car!

·
Registered
18 Posts

Thanks, I understand it, kind of…lol I guess I can’t disable it in Sport mode

·
Registered
18 Posts
Didn't understand this, which would allow disabling:
  • "With PSM off ( (i.e. long press of button) rev match is off / disabled"
O.k. Read it again and I did see that. I just remember being at the track with a couple of the Porsche instructors and them saying never turn off the PSM as they said it stands for “ Please Save Me”……lol

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
O.k. Read it again and I did see that. I just remember being at the track with a couple of the Porsche instructors and them saying never turn off the PSM as they said it stands for “ Please Save Me”……lol
"You could set individual from normal mode, switch on PSE, and set the shocks to sport but there are several other things that Sport and Sport + do which you'd miss out on like the lower operating temperature and the slower rev drop so it's a compromise either way"

·
Registered
48 Posts
What a beautiful and exciting road trip. Fantastic! How did the 992 behave? Tell us more.

I remember you got your 911 last November and that you’re also a MT lover like me but you didn’t mention having « twins »! 😉

Unfortunately, such a trip is not really possible from Montreal. A friend just sent me this pic from his recent vacation. Stunning view.

Welcome back!
I dream of the day when i can head up to Muskoka in mine!....if i ever get it!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Nothing at all. I'm actually seriously considering waiting until the 992.2 comes out MY2024 unless they call me soon!
You know what they say, « a 992.1 in the hand is worth more than a 992.2 in the bush»! 🤪
My adult kids call those « Dad jokes »! 🙄

·
Registered
48 Posts
You know what they say, « a 992.1 in the hand is worth more than a 992.2 in the bush»! 🤪
My adult kids call those « Dad jokes »! 🙄
This is true! Having said that if they called tomorrow it would be hard to say no! Depends on time frame. If it's only 6 months later wait time then that may be an option. If it's another year, hmmm i think maybe not. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can’t sleep since you announced you were selling your 992! 🙁 NOT REALLY, if I can’t sleep it’s because I’m getting my 992 S Cab TODAY! 😉🤪

Seriously, driving in traffic in Vancouver, Montreal or Miami is the same in a 911 or a Panamera but you have such beautiful scenic drives in BC…I wish I lived there (and not store my 911 in winter). You should give it a second thought. Then again you could make a quick buck!

Why no winter driving? it is one of the best winter cars, I drive myC4cab all year in Yellowknife! Traction is superb,
mac

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Why no winter driving? it is one of the best winter cars, I drive myC4cab all year in Yellowknife! Traction is superb,
mac
You are absolutely right Mac. The 911, with it’s rear placed engine, is an excellent car to use in the snow with it’s various safety features and the latest technology. The only limitation I would see is the 4 inch ground clearance. Like I said before, shame on me for not driving my 911 in winter here in Montreal while you drive yours in the Arctic! 😅

BTW what happened with your oil level flashing light issue?

161 - 175 of 175 Posts