Porsche 992 Forum banner

Where are the Canadians?

14K views 241 replies 8 participants last post by  BobbyG 
#1 ·
Bonjour/Hi! ;)

I don't see a single post on the Canadian 992 Forum! Hmm...

Anyways, after starting a thread as a new member, I now want to reach my fellow Montreal Porsche enthusiasts and see if others have been waiting for 10 months for an allocation? My deposit was made in January 2021 and still no allocation in sight! :(

CH61

#2 ·
Good day CH,

Well if Ontario Porsche enthusiasts count, I am here! Welcome. I am a new member as well and just put down my deposit last week. Not sure what your dealer is telling you but mine said to expect a delivery date estimate of summer 2023 (pretty much 2 years) and even later for the 718 mid engine variants!

#3 ·
Hello, my fellow Canadian!

Times are indeed pretty rough for all Porsche enthusiasts. More so for North Americans as Porsche seems to deliver more cars in other countries. You can skip Nick Murray's silliness in this video and jump directly to 04:25 minutes.

Your dealer is honest and transparent. I think mine just didn't know what was coming back in January 2021 and that would explain the multiple postponments and my subsequent paranoia. (see my new member thread). They are now saying about 2 years before delivery. Since I made my deposit almost a year ago, I am naively hopefull for next summer. In the meantime, I'm making my wife crazy! :sneaky:

#7 ·
Hello fellow Canadian
I ordered my new 911 at the end of May and took deliver November 9th. Maybe I just got lucky with My dealer (winnipeg) allocation.
Hello Theodore! I'm so happy for you (and a little jealous ;)). Congrats! 🥂 You certainly are a very lucky "Winnipegger". At least from my standpoint since I don't even have an allocation after 10 months! I know it depends on a lot of factors like the size of dealership (mine is supposed to be a big one), models for which they receive the allocations, etc. For instance, my dealership just got a "bunch" of allocations (who knows how many?) ...but mostly for the 911 GTS model...I was told! Hmm...And I'm on the waiting list for a Cabriolet S.

My point was that clients are kept in the dark as far as how many allocations they get and for which models. The running gag was that "everyone was told they were second in line"! LOL! Even if the GM doesn't know what's coming to him, I thought it would be good practice to let me know how many cars he's getting and for which models. Instead, everything seemed very secretive to the point that I was suspecting people going in front of me: VIP clients, etc. But my SA swore that they wouldn't jeopardize their reputation by doing such a thing. Hmm. Who knows? The client just waits and if it wasn't for me calling, writing and texting regularly, I wouldn't have been given the time of day! That's what I didn't like from a reputable company that wishes to keep it's repeat customer loyal to the brand! And I have bought a few Porsches before. And from the same dealer.

Can you feel my frustration? Ha! Ha! Don't worry, I started therapy and will be doing better soon. :p Will you be driving your 911 this winter and if so I imagine you got the 4 wheel drive? Share your build if you want.

Congratulations again and drive safe!

#8 ·
I certainly can understand your frustration. I got a 911 s Cabriolet ( I wanted the manual transmission and it only comes in the s model now). I Will not be driving it this winter and only get to look at it in my garage for the next few months which is also frustrating. I wanted to get it before the end of the year in case Trudeau moves ahead with his 20% luxury tax on vehicles over $100,000.00

#9 ·
Same here, I wanted 3 pedals and a stick so the 992 S cabriolet was also the model for me. I always put in storage my previous roadsters (Boxster 2008 and Boxster 2013). Sold the 2013 almost the same price I paid for it in 2016! Crazy times! Guess I can't have it both ways. As for the Trudeau luxury tax, I don't think I'll be able to avoid it (it has been adopted): 20% of the retail sale price above $100,000 or 10% of the retail sale price of car. :mad: Here is my build. I didn't do the math yet!!! :unsure:

PNTPYQ73
The Porsche Code

#20 ·
OK! Enough about colors. I have a question regarding the PASM Sport suspension (Lowered 10 mm), an option that just about everybody gets but that I didn't check even if it's part of a "package" and very reasonably priced.. As you know, the PASM is standard on the 992 so that option is just for the 10 mm lowering. So the debate is about the cosmetic and the slight handling improvement vs the decrease in ride comfort. Is the difference in suspension travel worth it? "Everybody" seems to think so. I believe the car will still handle great and be a little more comfortable without the Sport Suspension. And you?

#21 ·
I think I'll start a new post with that question. You can share your answer here or on the new post. I find people shy with little reponses on most posts (except for us Canadians! LOL!) I hope that this forum lights up a little bit or that more Canadians join us!!!! ;)

#22 ·
I’ll join in with a few comments.put deposit down last Sep and told I may get a build spot [C4cab] but no guarantee. Thankfully I got a Feb build and in April the Gentian Blue beauty was delivered to my door 1400km away in a closed container!
Cold here in the Arctic -40C, find the Pirelli Zero run flats are very harsh and ride is “jiggly” [19”/20”] much more so than my summer P Zeros RS SPider 20/21”,any one else notice this?
Also odd warning flashes up “oil level too high, driving allowed, get service”
I have not touched the oil at all.
Any comments?
Mac

#23 ·
Driving a 911 in the Artic! Now that's what I call the true Canadian spirit! FANTASTIC! Shame on me for not considering driving a 911 here in Montreal, just shy of the 46th parallel (I think).

By "last" September, you mean 2020 and a delivery April 2021. You got in line just in time. Congrats Mac! Things have changed drastically beginning of 2021 with allocation shortages. I'm still waiting! 😕

Very happy you mention your Gentian Blue "beauty" since I picked that same color not without some apprehension. With all the pics I've seen, I call it the 50 shades of blue (depending on the lighting! Send a pic if you can.

Unfortunately, I can't help with the oil level flashing light. Sensors are definitely very sensitive. It'd be different if you just did an oil change and it came up, but the fact that you've been driving on the same oil, you should be fine IMO. But what do I know? They fill it to the top at the factory, but then after driving, the oil volume can expand and tip the sensor. Hmm. The risk of going to the dealer to suction out some oil (or doing it yourself) is that once the oil settles down (from excess humidity and what-not) you might actually get a low oil level warning. Is your dealer 1400 km away? :unsure:

#26 ·
Welcome and CONGRATS @Toolguy. Loved visiting Vancouver. What a beautiful city.

May I ask when did you place your order and the delay before getting your allocation/build date/delivery date? In January it'll be 12 months for me on the %?&$ waiting list here in Montreal! 😩 I'm waiting for a 911 2S cab allocation.

#31 ·
Colour choice has been a tough one (between Chalk and GT Metallic Silver) however I think I will go with Chalk. will be a the dealer today to finalize the options. below is what I am considering. PN72YJG6. Hopefully the link will work or can use the build code.

[/URL]

Open to any comments over the next few hours before I lock it in.

#115 ·
I did not hear about that one. A bit early for me.
there is one tomorrow Saturday that i am going to try a get to:
Prado Cafe
104-6388 Market Ave, Delta BC V4L 1M9, Canada

also every second Saturday (next one June 11) Weisach has a meet at 8am-10am at:
Spanish Banks Beach
4707 NW Marine Dr, Vancouver BC V6T 1A1, Canada

#129 ·
You are ahead of me. I am at about 400km. Had engine light come on and it is at the dealer to sort out and hope to have back before the weekend.
I just joined the PCA (Porsche Club of American) PCA.org and they will then assign you to the Canada Western Region. looks like a great spot for events and other things. Check it out. Also dont forget Carepokes.com too

#158 ·
Don’t know if I’ll be more « careful » with the 911 but once my roadsters are out I usually drive them ALL the time, rain or shine, traffic or no traffic, to and from work. It’s my therapy!!! Did it with both Boxsters (and even before with a Z4). With good care, the soft top will keep looking good. But they don’t see winter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.