Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in the news that Porsche built a record number of 39,000 of 911s in 2021… where did they go? Certainly not to North America as our queues are getting longer, not shorter.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So that is the reason.

I heard that it could be the last internal combustion engine, a good reason to buy one.

But with the sales increasing like that, I don't know anymore...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I was told by my dealership they are not going to mess with the 911 with that electric stuff. We can only hope!

·
Registered
52 Posts
The price of that fuel at the moment it's 10eur per liter!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The price of that fuel at the moment it's 10eur per liter!
Some claim that e-fuels will be available at the pump for “1.20 Euro per liter… by 2030.” However, like many things, it’s sounds too good to be entirely true.

So, are e-fuels going to save the internal combustion engine? Who knows? Probably not. What's for sure is that the next 718 models will probably be all electric and the 911 most likely hybrid in the near future (maybe as soon as the 992.2).

We can only hope hope that the iconic 911 will not morph into a Taycan roadster! :confused:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was told by my dealership they are not going to mess with the 911 with that electric stuff. We can only hope!

I already saw some tests at Nürburgring with a disguise hybrid version...and that's what we will have on the early future (before 2030).
In my opinion, hybrid cars are worst than the electric ones, they aren't neither electrics neither internal combustion. But 911 doesn't fit in any of these versions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.