Porsche 992 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone experience a Wind Whistle noise when driving between speeds from 50km/h-115km/h. I experience a wind whistle(especially when it is a wind still day) and traveling constantly at this speed. When going over 120km/h it gets quiet again. The dealership has been very helpful in trying to resolve the issue, but with no success.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have the same problem on my Carrera 2S, a real wind whistle noise from 40mph upwards that I have never experienced on any other car in 40 years of motoring including a 997, 991, Macan, Cayenne or Boxster.
The car has been back to the garage 3 times and had the drivers door seal and windscreen replaced but no difference in whistle noted.
The whistle seems to be much less pronounced/gone when driving in the wet.
The situation is very disappointing as it ruins the experience of otherwise an excellent car in every other respect.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I cant say I have noticed this on my Carrera 4s, and this may sound stupid and nothing to do with it, but have you tried turning the fan down (seriously) and seeing if the sound changes? I had this on a previous car and it was the fan making a very slight whistling noise sometimes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, does anyone experience a Wind Whistle noise when driving between speeds from 50km/h-115km/h. I experience a wind whistle(especially when it is a wind still day) and traveling constantly at this speed. When going over 120km/h it gets quiet again. The dealership has been very helpful in trying to resolve the issue, but with no success.

Have you gotten your wind whistle on 992 fixed yet? Mine does it as well and it is very annoying. We put the window as close as it could. Somehow, right now it seems like it is the noise of the wind that hit the side mirror. I am searching on internet to find help as well

May i know which dealership do you get it from? I got it from Bangkok official dealership.

I need help as much here. If anyone found the solution, kindly share the knowledge.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got a new 992 2s in January and haven’t driven it much due to the lockdown but it does have a persistent wind noise from the front when going over 50mph or so. Damn annoying and I’ll see what the dealer can do when they reopen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you gotten your wind whistle on 992 fixed yet? Mine does it as well and it is very annoying. We put the window as close as it could. Somehow, right now it seems like it is the noise of the wind that hit the side mirror. I am searching on internet to find help as well

May i know which dealership do you get it from? I got it from Bangkok official dealership.

I need help as much here. If anyone found the solution, kindly share the knowledge.
Hi BonS good to hear from you by direct conversation. Hopefully your dealer has given you a fix that you can share with the group. We all seem to have the same issue. Rgds Brian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi BonS good to hear from you by direct conversation. Hopefully your dealer has given you a fix that you can share with the group. We all seem to have the same issue. Rgds Brian
Dear Brian,

go ahead and add my facebook. My facebook name is in your inbox. I sent you. We will have a chat in facebook messenger. I will give you all info i ever had about this issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 2020 4s the dealers cannot figure it out. Can anyone help. The sound appears between 40 and 60mph.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 2020 4s the dealers cannot figure it out. Can anyone help. The sound appears between 40 and 60mph.
I put 3M wrap vinyl to place like this and the noise is gone. I pinpoint exactly where the problem is in the red triangle that i drew. If i cover that red part, the noise is gone.
I have been on this thing for 3 months.

the dealer is having a headache with it.

We can exchange our knowledge and update though whatsapp or other social media. Kindly send it in my inbox.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put 3M wrap vinyl to place like this and the noise is gone. I pinpoint exactly where the problem is in the red triangle that i drew. If i cover that red part, the noise is gone.

We can exchange our knowledge and update though whatsapp or other social media. Kindly send it in my inbox.

Thanks for the information. I will mention it to the dealer and try it myself, right now the car is at the dealership and they have been trying to figure it out. Appreciate your input. I don't use WhatsApp. Appreciate your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the information. I will mention it to the dealer and try it myself, right now the car is at the dealership and they have been trying to figure it out. Appreciate your input. I don't use WhatsApp. Appreciate your help.
I am having a headache myself about it. We are suspecting that this part in red circle that i drew would cause the noise because the rubber seem much shrinking. We will try putting the 3M wrap vinyl on it only this part on Tuesday. I will update you again. Turn on email notification of this post.

ps. If you put on a sticker like i did, dont use normal tapes because they are too soft. Use 3M wrap vinyl only.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
My dealer found the solution. It seems the front bumper needed to be lowered. Once done the noise disappeared completely.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you mind show pictures of noise location and how you fix it? Thank in advance
The dealer discussed the issue with the Porsche rep and it seems the 992s with the radar distancing have this issue and the bumper front bumper needs to be slightly lowered. My dealership did it for me, I don't have any pictures. The noise does not occur anymore.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts