Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picked my car up today and my heart sank when I heard the odd birdlike whistling sounds when I hit approx 40 mph. At first thought it might be the stereo, but then did the speeding up/slowing down and it was definitely wind/speed related. Elated to see explanation of problem in the area of the plastic sailplane at forward part of window by one of members...will be exploring solutions including closing off the large gap in front of it or a small thin black round rubber to fill the small gaps. Was going to experiment myself by taping off areas with painters tape but the explanation forwarded seemed plausible so I'll let everyone know if I come up with a solution (retired auto engineer) Thanks all for contributing.
Dano
Dano,
Picked up a 2021 base 992 this week and experience the same wind noise. Has your filling those gaps around the plastic sailplane solved the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dano,
Picked up a 2021 base 992 this week and experience the same wind noise. Has your filling those gaps around the plastic sailplane solved the problem?
My dealer tried to fix the issue by installing a new seal around the driver’s door, but it appears that the whistle is coming from the windshield.

My dealer reported this issue to Porsche USA, but Porsche USA will not address the issue, even though it is widely reported and experienced.

How disappointing is this on two fronts: wind noise on a 911, and the refusal of Porsche to provide a remedy?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts