Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite very warm weather for October, « Winter is coming » in Montreal and this will mean storing my 992….soon. 😫 This add was in the paper today with the caption « it’s hard to say goodbye » (in french) !

It’s not a 911 and the couple in the picture is « much older » than us 😜 but the feeling is the same. 😢

My thoughts are with all of you in the same situation

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
@CH61 I just looked at your 10 day forecast . Your weather now is like our coldest here. Some people here like the change. Not me ! I hate it ! Ever since Covid I managed to get through 2 winters without having to wear long pants . I did put on a sweat shirt on the coldest nights with a long sleeve under . I have no winter clothes . I loaned out a great jacket and never got it back plus I gained a few since Covid so I fear trying the pants . I have delayed it 2 years hoping not to face the test if they close .They might but I doubt it and I am in denial .Hoping for a warm winter here . Three is the charm !!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am back in Ottawa. And to my surprise it will be 72f here today. This time of the year is normally nice (mid 50s). Jan and Feb are the killers.
Yup! It’s been sunny and warm in Montreal and I enjoyed the top down this week. Except when I had to go to my dealer to put winters on the Macan. So yesterday I drove 3 cars, a Cayenne S loaner, my Macan and the 911! Boy that Cayenne is huge! 🥵

·
Registered
58 Posts
I do remember the days of putting the 911 in the garage around Mid December in Pennsylvania until Mid March, with the battery charger on it. I moved to Tampa Florida area 3 years ago. Now a cold day time temp is in the 60's in January. No need to run all season tires. :cool:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do remember the days of putting the 911 in the garage around Mid December in Pennsylvania until Mid March, with the battery charger on it. I moved to Tampa Florida area 3 years ago. Now a cold day time temp is in the 60's in January. No need to run all season tires. :cool:
So you don't miss the snow? I was going to share a beautiful winter scenery. Then I remembered taking this picture last winter! That's what happens in Canada when you don't put winter tires...on your bike! 😂

Car Sky Snow Vehicle Street light

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Tampa still gets cold by Miami standards . When it get cold in Miami I start looking at temps in Puerto Rico . Although I would not live there I must say there is better than Miami when it comes to nearby tropical weather .

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow!
You have 5000kms on yours already! Man, i need to get going! I have 759km and will be putting it to sleep soon. Cold here this morning too. -1*C or 30*F
Yup! I heard a « ding » twice with no clue of the problem until I found the culprit in the form of a snowflake. Sunny and cold. Max 8C (50F) around 5PM. Could be a top down ride. Sunday, sunny and high expected 15C (60 C), perfect weather for Larry! 🤪

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
So at the ripe age of 57 I still hear fine (wife may argue that) and I don’t think the blind spots are an issue. Top was down yesterday and also today, high of 58…perfect! So the snowflake means what? Too cold to put the top down?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts