Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Has anyone considered grill covers from ZunSport or other manufacturers to protect the radiators….thoughts?
One guy considered these but is now selling his 992 with only 1600 Km. What a shame! I'm still is shock.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Has anyone considered grill covers from ZunSport or other manufacturers to protect the radiators….thoughts?
I just looked at it. I didn’t know of this. Just yesterday I cleaned some debris off the radiator Grill. It washes off pretty easily. I would leave it without. I don’t want anything to interfere with Porsches design with those grills. If Porsche wanted a mesh in front of it they would have placed it there.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just looked at it. I didn’t know of this. Just yesterday I cleaned some debris off the radiator Grill. It washes off pretty easily. I would leave it without. I don’t want anything to interfere with Porsches design with those grills. If Porsche wanted a mesh in front of it they would have placed it there.
Pontiff, I understand but cars like the Spyder have them and I’ve read road debris has wrecked a few radiators….still looking into it.

·
Registered
2022 Porsche 911 C2
8 Posts
Matt, can you pass on a picture or two? I’m concerned about removing those fins on the front due to my PPF. Difficult to install???
i’ll snap a photo when I get home. Install was a breeze, the removable fin is soft plastic, so unless your ppf is peeling in that area, no reason it should affect it.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i’ll snap a photo when I get home. Install was a breeze, the removable fin is soft plastic, so unless your ppf is peeling in that area, no reason it should affect it.
I watched the video and it looked like a nightmare with the zip ties. Do you think it will restrict air to the radiators???

·
Registered
2022 Porsche 911 C2
8 Posts
I watched the video and it looked like a nightmare with the zip ties. Do you think it will restrict air to the radiators???
the zunsport doesn't need zip ties, but doesn't look as good imo. that's your dilemma, use radiator grilles to protect them or go bare and hope noting punctures a hole through them. you dont see the zip ties after the middle plastic piece is reinstalled.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the zunsport doesn't need zip ties, but doesn't look as good imo. that's your dilemma, use radiator grilles to protect them or go bare and hope noting punctures a hole through them. you dont see the zip ties after the middle plastic piece is reinstalled.
Ok, I’ll wait for the pictures but might need some help!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Matt, I’m sure your a busy guy but was curious how the radiator screens looked on your car….send me a pic or two when you have time. Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts