Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

Registered
Yes, pompano is big. Went there once to see a 992 with a glass roof. When I was debating roof no roof and how wide it opens. I prefer Collection, i am closer to them and really like the service there, especially my service advisor

Registered
Charles, just buy a condo in Miami and your 992 options open up馃槣
It is complicated to bring and register cars across the boarder. There are tax, duties registration implications.
That cab is the perfect reason to for a vacation condo . Oh well .. too complicated . I can't believe I found one here of all places . Plus Champion is a big deal at knowing about shipping and such. I have bought cars there . My 911 Turbo is from there . Collection didn't have any but Champion had the one I still have .

Registered
Yeah. Cannot complain about the weather here. Mind you Jan was colder than normal. There are tons on Canadians wintering in southern Florida. I am usually here Jan to Apr, then a week here and there from Sept to Dec. Must prevent those flat spots on tires鈥.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Wow! Thanks guys so much for your time, advice and kind invitations. I've been to Florida a few times over the years, on both coasts and of course to Orlando when the kids where young. Today, they went Snowkiting, something Larry would love...if he had pants to wear! This video is for him and the Mrs who has never seen snow! 馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
As for the "transition" car (untill the 992 arrives), here are my thoughts as of 4PM EST today (they might change tomorrow). Keep the 911 experience for the new and perfectly spec car...and for NOW go for something "crazy" fun to drive (and pretend I'm younger). I think the 4.0 is just nuts. My first pic would be the 2021 silver Spyder at Porsche Prestige...but it's PDK! The second would be the white one at my own dealership...but it looks too much like my old 981. Last pic would be the red one also at my dealer...but...it's RED! Can you have a mid-life crisis over 60? Keep in mind that this car would be for ONE summer and I would try to negociate (if that's even possible) somekind of buy-buyback with my dealer: what would be the trade-in value after say 5-6 months in the present market. But for that, I would have to convince myself that I can live even for just a few months with that crazy soft top mecanism! Geezz!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
That 2021.Gt silver Cab is still at Ptaff . They have a 991.2 Turbo S right in step with it . You want the Cab same you want a 992 . Thats the car ! Its not your number 1 color or your manual but its there . When I bought my former 2017 GTS I didnt want. a sunroof or power steering plus but I compromised and took it because it was right on the lot . I loved the car ! I even miss the car !
They have had the car all wet since you posted it . Why not negotiate a but and see ? Or try and get a real commitment from your dealership (or other) on a slot ?
The best answer I got was "We think we'll be able to get you a June build-August delivery"! They don,t know what they're going to get but "think" a slot for a 992 S Cab is probable for June. That's it. Can't twist more arms...

Registered
Wow! Thanks guys so much for your time, advice and kind invitations. I've been to Florida a few times over the years, on both coasts and of course to Orlando when the kids where young. Today, they went Snowkiting, something Larry would love...if he had pants to wear! This video is for him and the Mrs who has never seen snow! 馃槈

They call that wind surfing here. And when you wipe out is water instead of a cold ice bottom. Looks like fun though at least to watch. I think if I spent five minutes in I鈥檇 go indoors. I love looking at the pictures of places like Banff Canada and various winter wonderland type settings like the one you showed me but 10 minutes in it and I鈥檓 done .

I鈥檓 even the extreme with the enjoyment of the warm. I like the summer in Florida. Some people hate humidity but I feel it softens the skin. Also it鈥檚 not even chilly to swim in the evening and at night. The convertible at night is actually ideal. There鈥檚 a lot of perks to it. It鈥檚 not fun though sticking to your leather seat. That鈥檚 even before the ventilation kicks in.

Montreal in the summer must be absolutely beautiful. You get a chance to see a total change in seasons and get to enjoy that cab

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
As for the "transition" car (untill the 992 arrives), here are my thoughts as of 4PM EST today (they might change tomorrow). Keep the 911 experience for the new and perfectly spec car...and for NOW go for something "crazy" fun to drive (and pretend I'm younger). I think the 4.0 is just nuts. My first pic would be the 2021 silver Spyder at Porsche Prestige...but it's PDK! The second would be the white one at my own dealership...but it looks too much like my old 981. Last pic would be the red one also at my dealer...but...it's RED! Can you have a mid-life crisis over 60? Keep in mind that this car would be for ONE summer and I would try to negociate (if that's even possible) somekind of buy-buyback with my dealer: what would be the trade-in value after say 5-6 months in the present market. But for that, I would have to convince myself that I can live even for just a few months with that crazy soft top mecanism! Geezz!

I picked this review just because the car is RED! OK, it's also canadian. LOL!

Registered
The best answer I got was "We think we'll be able to get you a June build-August delivery"! They don,t know what they're going to get but "think" a slot for a 992 S Cab is probable for June. That's it. Can't twist more arms...
They really jerked you around. I would call of the dealerships and see if they can give you something better. If not it鈥檚 silver Cab at Ptaff looks best .
I picked this review just because the car is RED! LOL!

You are talking to a repeat white car buyer. So is @LessKrazy1 . My GT silver car is a departure from 12 years of white cars and wanting to try something different. I am also a repeat black car buyer. Outside of the two colors I can count on one hand the other choices I鈥檝e made. They are three silver and one read my first car.

Hands-down I pick the white Spyder . It鈥檚 an amazing car! It will also hold value as you wait for the 992. In fact you may decide to keep the spider as a garage queen and get a Coupe as a daily.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
They really jerked you around. I would call of the dealerships and see if they can give you something better. If not it鈥檚 silver Cab at Ptaff looks best .

You are talking to a repeat white car buyer. So is @LessKrazy1 . My GT silver car is a departure from 12 years of white cars and wanting to try something different. I am also a repeat black car buyer. Outside of the two colors I can count on one hand the other choices I鈥檝e made. They are three silver and one read my first car.

Hands-down I pick the white Spyder . It鈥檚 an amazing car! It will also hold value as you wait for the 992. In fact you may decide to keep the spider as a garage queen and get a Coupe as a daily.
You're right and I love white but it just looks so much like my old Boxster! I realize it's not the same car but I just drove a white and black top Boxster for 5 years. If I decide to pull the trigger, I would need a change.

Registered
You're right and I love white but it just looks so much like my old Boxster! I realize it's not the same car but I just drove a white and black top Boxster for 5 years. If I decide to pull the trigger, I would need a change.
I completely understand. I have had three consecutive white cars as my daily driver. I wrestle hard between white and GT silver. At one point to even consider dolomite. Then I decide to open up to every color and build a car in every color on the configurator. The highest risk colors got the most minimal options. I had to be able to live with the car if I like it but not ready to commit and walked in an exit if I didn鈥檛 . At the end the two highest specs were white and GT silver. Had a chosen white everything would鈥檝e been identical. That tug-of-war lasted a month and I change my bill three times from the original. In the end just as you said the change won . I also felt I owed it to myself on one iconic Porsche color and the GT silver is that color.

Just a note on the PDK . I myself would want the manual . Those who bought PDK did it to avoid the tall gear ratio . I like guards red but love white so much that its hard to depart from it . Most feel white cars are "boring" . I feel its understated, elegant , and classy.

Colors is such personal decision that I鈥檓 just voiceing my choices but in the end that your car. You鈥檙e going to have to live with that choice. I don鈥檛 think it鈥檒l be temporary.

The Boxster was originally designed As a roadster. The spyder is the ideal Boxster. It鈥檚 just not a daily car.. At one time I seriously considered changing my 911 turbo and getting a spider but I backed out of that idea. If I was looking for a garage queen that would be it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I鈥檓 not sure if you know this. The car in a manual broke the Guinness book of world records in the slalom. It was driven by a 16 year old.

Impressive! Does she even have her drivers licence? 馃槈 Stupid question: 2nd gear all the way i guess (with both hands on the steering wheel)?

Funny how we went from a 911 Targa to a 718 Spyder on this thread馃槄 Thanks guys for all the input. I just wrote to my SA in order to plan a meet this week. I just hope that buying another car will not push me down even further on the allocation list for a 911. Why would it? They will sell me 2 Porsches instead of just one.

Don't think I would keep both as this household already has one Queen. 馃槄 And we have this rule of a maximum of 2 Porsches per household, the Macan being one of them. 馃ぃ But who knows, rules are made to be broken, right?

Registered
Impressive! Does she even have her drivers licence? 馃槈 Stupid question: 2nd gear all the way i guess (with both hands on the steering wheel)?

Funny how we went from a 911 Targa to a 718 Spyder on this thread馃槄 Thanks guys for all the input. I just wrote to my SA in order to plan a meet this week. I just hope that buying another car will not push me down even further on the allocation list for a 911. Why would it? They will sell me 2 Porsches instead of just one.

Don't think I would keep both as this household already has one Queen. 馃槄 And we have this rule of a maximum of 2 Porsches per household, the Macan being one of them. 馃ぃ But who knows, rules are made to be broken, right?
The third car is a great thing in a shortage of loaners . It also expands there driving range. There are guys in Miami who have 10-50 cars parked in air conditioned garages . The car culture here is unreal . The Spyder is the most balanced convertible Porsche made . I think if you get it the 911 would be a coupe .

Yes she did drive its in second . I saw a writeup somewhere back then where they chose the manual despite the gearing to break the record . I assume she has a drivers license but most in racing and autocross start as children with Go -Kart competitions . My guess is to be selected she won a lot of them . Its much like any sport where ones starts as a child.

I actually like the Spyder much more than a Targa . I do see the red one has less kms . Before you buy it do a DME scan to detect over rev history. Level 1 and 2 are fine . 3 are ok . 4 is worrisome . 5 or 6 --I'd walk .

So Lauzon it is !!

21 - 40 of 77 Posts